babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Halewood the truth - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Halewood the truth (/Thread-Halewood-the-truth)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Halewood the truth - mark_n - 14-10-2011 05:30pm

I agree, but I am upgrading from a 3GS and the feature I'm looking forward to is the improved antenna dewing which should make it a better phone. Sadly, for all their abilities, Apple do not appear to have the radio expertise of the likes of Ericsson.

Besides, the upgrade costs less than a set of Evoque roof rails...

RE: Halewood the truth - Evoqess - 14-10-2011 07:03pm

The Evoque is the iPhone of the car world, please discuss. Surprised
Ok, I'll start. It's fresh, the styling is exquisite, waiting lists are a given, everyone wants one.... Um, it might not always work as expected but the overall package will make up for any deficiencies hehe

RE: Halewood the truth - hybris - 14-10-2011 08:14pm

Ha ha ha! Less than the Evoque roof rails! Funny! Wink

RE: Halewood the truth - Blackseries - 14-10-2011 08:27pm

(14-10-2011 07:03pm)Evoqess Wrote:  The Evoque is the iPhone of the car world, please discuss. Surprised
Ok, I'll start. It's fresh, the styling is exquisite, waiting lists are a given, everyone wants one.... Um, it might not always work as expected but the overall package will make up for any deficiencies hehe

Why its NOT like an iphone.....
It won't only run on LR ipetrol (you can buy your petrol anywhere without paying LR royalties for it) and every time you want to drive somewhere off the beaten track you don't need to ask LR's permission!

RE: Halewood the truth - berlin2011 - 14-10-2011 08:34pm

Why it's like an iPhone.....

1. Gazillion pre-orders

2. Inability to meet demand leading to delays in getting product into customers hands

3. Configuration limited to what producer allows (no Dynamic outside, Prestige inside anyone)

4. The customer invariably knows more about the product than the salesman

5. The producer will also markets ridiculously expensive accessories

But most imprortantly they are alike because despite all the issues, it's worth it!

RE: Halewood the truth - hybris - 14-10-2011 08:47pm

Well an iPhone is not that 2011. I have two but currently use my Windows Phone 7.5 (mango) much more. Not as many apps buy so much better user interface. Love that phone! Its a Samsung Omnia 7. But waiting for Nokia to release something on the same platform. iPhone 4s is a true disappointment. Same thing with iOS 5. They need to shape up!

RE: Halewood the truth - Spiderman - 14-10-2011 10:28pm

Try a Samsung Gallaxy, good phones!

RE: Halewood the truth - npinks - 14-10-2011 11:32pm

I was at halewood doing a tour today with 12 freel2 members, about 4 evoque to a freelander coming off production line, though the line wasn't running anywhere near full speed, like it apparently was prelaunch

fascinating day watching it all get put together, worth putting an Event together on here if your into that sort of thing

RE: Halewood the truth - PhilSkill - 14-10-2011 11:40pm

(14-10-2011 11:32pm)npinks Wrote:  I was at halewood doing a tour today with 12 freel2 members, about 4 evoque to a freelander coming off production line, though the line wasn't running anywhere near full speed, like it apparently was prelaunch

fascinating day watching it all get put together, worth putting an Event together on here if your into that sort of thing

Good to hear actual info from inside Halewood, thanks! At least the line is running and Evoques are being made. I think Tim is on the case for a babyrr visit

RE: Halewood the truth - npinks - 14-10-2011 11:44pm

We got it for £50, with lunch, tour, coffee and then a trip in a d4 around the expeience, with a show of what the FL2 can do with us all stood watching

Might be able to do a show with the evoque