babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Real world mpg - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Real world mpg (/Thread-Real-world-mpg)

RE: Real world mpg - redbay - 19-12-2011 08:50pm

Does any one have figures for Pure 2.2 150 hp manual diesel models, what would the Mpg figures for this basic version in 4wd

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 20-12-2011 12:18am

(19-12-2011 08:50pm)redbay Wrote:  Does any one have figures for Pure 2.2 150 hp manual diesel models, what would the Mpg figures for this basic version in 4wd

I doubt the TD4 will be much different to the SD4 when driven sedately as the real difference is engine mapping, hence the quoted top 50mpg is the same for both. The difference in the SD4 is put your boot down and guzzle that fuel in trade for acceleration, whereas the TD4 is more likely to be tuned for economy rather than power so you wont accel so fast but you'll use less fuel doing it!

RE: Real world mpg - Daigriff - 20-12-2011 12:28am

200 miles in 29.9 mpg...early days but higher than my last 4x4 Smile

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 20-12-2011 12:29am

So in my courtesy 3 year old freelander 2 TD4 40000 miles (well I think TD4 as felt like it, never looked at the back) driving my normal style was only getting 37mpg cruising on 60mph roads and when pushing on a bit this evening dropped it to 33mpg. Now I assume this is an older version of the engine? and seems this is worse than my Evoque.

RE: Real world mpg - Mag1c_dragon - 20-12-2011 07:35am

Its time for me to fill up for the first time. The tank isn't completely dry, but I haven't even got 350 miles out of the first tank of fuel!

RE: Real world mpg - Coolbanana - 20-12-2011 08:57am

My Si4 looks like getting between 300 - 350 miles on its first full tank of fuel. The car has done 224 miles now and the range is showing 135 to go.

The first 177 was fast motorway driving and the rest local B road stop/start commute which is seeing the range reduce more rapidly.

My D4 managed around 400 miles on a much larger tank when driven sedately so if I can match that economy with a more enjoyable drive in the Si4 I'll be happy.

RE: Real world mpg - malph - 20-12-2011 12:17pm

Hi everybody

First post on here, hoping to be in an Evoque in April. I'm currently running a Kuga and on the owners club forum. MPG is one of the hottest subjects on there as well.

This colder weather is having a real effect on my Kuga's consumption, as it will on all cars (god help people with electric/hybrid cars, batteries and cold don't mix). During the summer I was averaging around 40 MPG with a fairly tight engine. Over the last month or so I'm down to around 34/35. Lower temperatures mean thicker oil and longer warm up times. This, together with the fuel suppliers adding stuff to the fuel, all adversely affects consumption.

If you've got bigger option wheels/tyres fitted, the increase in rolling resistance will also knock your figures. It all adds up!

It'll be interesting to see what people are saying come the warmer weatherWink

RE: Real world mpg - jos - 20-12-2011 05:17pm

i really start to be very curious about the real/life mpg - km/L
fot the 2wd eD4 150 hp coupe !!!!
anyone already ??? should be the best km?L !!!!

RE: Real world mpg - IKM - 20-12-2011 06:51pm

(20-12-2011 07:35am)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  Its time for me to fill up for the first time. The tank isn't completely dry, but I haven't even got 350 miles out of the first tank of fuel!
That's about the same as me. Ever hopeful that'll improve. Mix of country roads (70%) at 60 mph and town (30%) at 30 mph driving (also find myself using the commandshift to be in the highest gear possible).

RE: Real world mpg - THEMACS - 20-12-2011 09:18pm

Don't forget that the Si4 Petrol has a bigger fuel tank, so be careful comparing how many miles you get to a full tank!