babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Shadow Chrome Wheel Corrosion - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Shadow Chrome Wheel Corrosion (/Thread-Shadow-Chrome-Wheel-Corrosion)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Shadow Chrome Wheel Corrosion - PhilSkill - 05-11-2015 12:46pm

(05-11-2015 01:53am)benzina Wrote:  No corrosion on my shadow chromes anywhere,including where there is no paint from small curb scuffs, and had my car for over 3 years.

Good news benzina, but they don't chuck Rock Salt on your roads for 2-3 months of the year though!

RE: Shadow Chrome Wheel Corrosion - The Valeter - 05-11-2015 08:51pm

I went to valet a Mercedes last week & another guy asked about my services etc & I looked at his Diamond cut wheels on his Mondeo he had recently bought & said there is nothing I can do with those wheels they are as good as scrap & need major refurb as the previous owner has obviously taken it to those nasty £5 car washes. Another tell tail sign was the chrome/aluminium around the windows had gone all hazed.

If folk use such nasty outlets to have cars cleaned expect wheel corrosion as part of the package!!

RE: Shadow Chrome Wheel Corrosion - benzina - 06-11-2015 01:25am

(05-11-2015 12:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Good news benzina, but they don't chuck Rock Salt on your roads for 2-3 months of the year though!

Thats so true, i forgot about that.

RE: Shadow Chrome Wheel Corrosion - m_101 - 08-11-2015 11:59am

Bit late getting back to you, sorry - Yes mine are similar to those. I did complain to LR but they sent in photos and declined to sort them out. I've left them for now but may get them sorted and have all the wheels powder coated black in time.

(04-11-2015 12:44pm)brianthedog Wrote:  Hi m_101,

Is this like the corrosion on your wheels?

I have it on two, maybe three of mine.

Fortunately I still have a couple of months of warranty left. The dealer sent the photos to LR and they may be replaced.