babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
First experiment with Plastidip - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: First experiment with Plastidip (/Thread-First-experiment-with-Plastidip)

Pages: 1 2 3

First experiment with Plastidip - AAA86 - 14-09-2014 07:19pm

Its very good actually! I just pressure washed the car yesterday, (1,600) and its was great. Nothing happened! Still looking good [emoji16]

Plastidip spray canister will only cost ~$20CAD vs. black lettering from the dealer for x10 that price! So, my thought process was, to get the plastidip, try it out, since there is no harm in it, and if it didnt work or I didnt like the results, I can simply peel it off! Its that simple!

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - mighTTy-RRE - 23-09-2014 05:54pm

Thanks for the tip - today I plastidipped my lettering so easy and considerably cheaper than buying lettering.

[Image: RREFRBlack_zps8cdc6780.jpg]

[Image: RRERRBlack_zpsd9349ddc.jpg]

First experiment with Plastidip - AAA86 - 24-09-2014 02:12am

Beautiful!!

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - bangsters - 15-10-2014 04:42am

(24-09-2014 02:12am)AAA86 Wrote:  Beautiful!!

how is the paint holding up?? Any peeling yet?

I'm still contemplating if I'll plastidip or buy black letterings. WIll decide once my signature headlights arrive in the next few days Smile

First experiment with Plastidip - AAA86 - 15-10-2014 12:32pm

No peeling what soo ever, and i pressure watched it over 5 times and have some a couple of rain storms too!

My advice is start with the cheap option, if you like it then thats great, if not, then u can easily remove it! Well you will have to remove the whole thing and just buy the black one

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - m_101 - 15-10-2014 02:58pm

Think I may have a go at this soon.
Tomorrow LR are replacing mine with new (silver, unfortunately) items as the existing ones are changing / losing their colouring. I asked them for black but apparently they can't replace them with black under warranty. Even though to replace them they have to replace all the lettering. Seriously?!

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - markt553 - 16-12-2014 03:24pm

What is plastidip? The idea of dipping a whole car in a vat of paint sounds crazy!!

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - Doody - 16-12-2014 03:50pm

(16-12-2014 03:24pm)markt553 Wrote:  What is plastidip? The idea of dipping a whole car in a vat of paint sounds crazy!!
it's not just the car - the owner has to be strapped to the roof as well. it only takes about 20 seconds, so most folks can hold their breath. getting the paint out of your hair though is a pain.

doody

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - swhittak - 17-12-2014 06:28am

How did you guys get the holes in the R and A to come out so cleanly?

Looks fabulous by the way!!

RE: First experiment with Plastidip - fam1x - 17-12-2014 12:12pm

Where do you get the plastidip from?