babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam (/Thread-Wanted-Guide-for-hard-wiring-dash-cam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - RacingSnake - 01-01-2014 03:15am

Some offer discounts, so worth telling them Smile

Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - MarkA_ - 01-01-2014 11:30am

(01-01-2014 03:15am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Some offer discounts, so worth telling them Smile

Of course once you do I am sure you would be obliged to provide video with any claim you make...

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - RacingSnake - 01-01-2014 11:45am

Not unless its written in the T&C's!

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - bing0r - 22-02-2014 02:57pm

Racingsnake, what fuse did you tap into and why do u need to plumb in two wires? Are u using the power magic pro?

Or are u referring to + and -

I have got a piggyback fuse tap and used the cigar lighter to tap into but only getting 4-6v so not enough to power the cam. Appears the car is lowering the voltage at the fuse board for some reason. But when I check at the cigar socket get full 12v. I have got the blackvue 500 wifi and can't figure it out.

Grounded to bottom fuse holder bolt.

Have you got any pics or any further advice?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - RacingSnake - 22-02-2014 07:52pm

Yes using the PMP, and 2 wires... perm live and ignition live - I have got pictures so I'll have a look for them, failing that I'll take some tomorrow in the daylight Smile

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - bing0r - 22-02-2014 08:50pm

Thanks racingsnake appreciate it. I can't for the life of me understand why I only get less then 6v at the fuse but 12v at the cigar port. Frustrating the hell out of me!!!

Failing that I can tap into the wire underneath cigar port but don't want to cut any wiring looms if possible.

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - RacingSnake - 22-02-2014 09:14pm

Did you post up on dashcamtalk about this wiring?

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - bing0r - 22-02-2014 09:35pm

No I haven't. Is that the place to ask?

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - RacingSnake - 23-02-2014 12:12pm

Not especially, it's just someone posted yesterday asking about wiring a dr500, but they wanted an 'ignition only' connection (ie, only to record when driving), so if that was you I would have suggested just splicing in a new ciggy connection under the centre console!.

I'll go and grab some shots of my dodgy wiring for you now Smile

Ok:
Red to bottom pin of fuse 63

[attachment=3909]

Yellow to bottom pin of fuse 66

[attachment=3910]

Black earth to fusebox mount.

[attachment=3911]

RE: Wanted: Guide for hard wiring dash cam - bing0r - 23-02-2014 10:35pm

Omg that is exactly how I did it, but only to the cigar lighter fuse. But getting low voltage. Ended up splicing into the centre console in the end.

Perhaps it's coz u are using a pmp but I checked quite a few fuses and only getting 4-6v reading at fuse even with no load. Perhaps year of car and they have intro something new? Mine is. MY13 dynamic SI4.

thanks for the pictures racing snake, it is greatly appreciated. I may get a pmp and try it again with that as sounds good to have 24/7 recording. Shame the surround cams on the evoque are not good enough to record for this purpose.