babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
K&N or Pipercross air filter - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: K&N or Pipercross air filter (/Thread-K-N-or-Pipercross-air-filter)

Pages: 1 2

RE: K&N or Pipercross air filter - slee18 - 06-12-2013 08:33pm

im currently using the K&N filter. I dont notice much difference in sound of the intake. Power and fuel consumption is about that same too. I'm in the process of creating a new intake pipe to smooth the air flow from the filter box to engine. I just haven't had the time to proto-type one is all.

RE: K&N or Pipercross air filter - mstraka - 12-12-2013 04:20pm

(06-12-2013 06:29am)bloubul7 Wrote:  Stock air filter flowed about 160g/s
K&N filter flowed about 172g/s

So the increase is 7.5% which is not bad.

How did you get these airflow measurements?

RE: K&N or Pipercross air filter - duckworthparts - 12-12-2013 06:01pm

have a read of this, test results a tuner did across a range of air filters recently

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic21125.html?highlight=k+n

K&N or Pipercross air filter - thelastnat - 13-12-2013 05:31am

Thanks man thats a good piece of info.

RE: K&N or Pipercross air filter - IvorRedOne - 15-12-2013 01:45am

Guys, my car is still under warranty. Would the fitment of a K&N Air Filter have any impact on this warranty?

RE: K&N or Pipercross air filter - mstraka - 16-12-2013 04:21pm

(15-12-2013 01:45am)IvorRedOne Wrote:  Guys, my car is still under warranty. Would the fitment of a K&N Air Filter have any impact on this warranty?

It shouldn't. With my dealer there was no problem. Included in the shipping box there was a legal statement from K&N that installing the air filter will not void a new car warranty (U.S.) I guess its the attitude that your dealer has which will determine if they make an issue of it.

I'm disappointed that K&N hasn't offered a cold air box kit that does produce an increase in hp. I have already done this but more messages help. At their home page there is a link – send them a message asking them to produce a kit for the Evoque.

RE: K&N or Pipercross air filter - Kirk - 02-01-2014 06:50pm

(15-12-2013 01:45am)IvorRedOne Wrote:  Guys, my car is still under warranty. Would the fitment of a K&N Air Filter have any impact on this warranty?

It depends if a problem arises because of the air filter. Immediately after the air filter is the MAF (mass air flow meter/sensor). If the MAF in the Evoque is like most, it can be very sensitive to contamination. The oil from the K&N air filter can potentially cause a MAF failure (I've had it happen on my Porsche Boxster). So anything related to the MAF would probably not be warranted with the K&N installed.

Kirk