babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is my tyre wear normal? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is my tyre wear normal? (/Thread-Is-my-tyre-wear-normal)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Is my tyre wear normal? - m_101 - 15-11-2013 10:36pm

The craptinentals on mine have worn pretty fast, especially on the front. 16800 miles and the fronts are pretty much done. Going to have to replace them soon before winter strikes! Thinking of going for the Pirellis next as they are much cheaper and seem to wear better.

RE: Is my tyre wear normal? - benzina - 16-11-2013 05:05am

The Continentals on mine are GREATinentals! Done over 30000kms or 19000miles, and both front and back are a nice even 5 - 6mm's in tread depth.
Keeping the tyre pressure consistently up, and swapping front to back at 20000kms, is good reason why they are performing so well. Looking likely to get 50-60000kms of wear, and that is excellent!
And in my opinion,they are also a great performing with regards to handling,toughness, and quietness.

RE: Is my tyre wear normal? - BFGEvoqueMan - 16-11-2013 09:04am

(15-11-2013 09:50am)speary Wrote:  Sorry didn't mean to offend. Hadn't realised your 22000 was km's. 13000 miles is still more realistic and is similar to my wear rate. I must admit that the mileage I am getting is better than I expected, not that I am complaining at nearly £200 per tyre
Once again apologies for any offence caused. I should re read my posts before postingEmbarrassed

Speary; I was being a bit tounge in cheek; never really take offence at anything.Cool

RE: Is my tyre wear normal? - benzina - 08-01-2015 04:28am

Close to 50000kms done and still on my original 20" Continentals.... All wearing evenly, and still with about 3mm's of tread left.
Always checked my tire pressures at the beginning of every month, and have rotated them (front to back) at yearly services.

Looking like i'll easily get 60000 kms and some out of these tires, which is pretty damb good if you ask me. I will definitely be buying again, as i have also found them quiet and handle very well too.