babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
front reading lamp switches ON by itself - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: front reading lamp switches ON by itself (/Thread-front-reading-lamp-switches-ON-by-itself)

Pages: 1 2

RE: front reading lamp switches ON by itself - Bruno787 - 14-11-2013 04:33pm

as we have 7107 islands, im lucky the typhoon didnt even cause rain in my area as im about 600kms away

RE: front reading lamp switches ON by itself - mark_n - 17-11-2013 08:58am

The dealer wants to charge if they cannot reproduce the problem; I have two intermittent faults - this reading light which was flashing on and off yesterday and "Smart Key Not Found" which requires the car to be locked and unlocked.

I'll ask them to keep an eye out for either but I'm not paying. The car is being p/ex'd soon so it will be the lucky dealer's problem.

RE: front reading lamp switches ON by itself - cjfp - 17-11-2013 09:01am

Mark - i'm sure there's a topix thing on the smart key issue.

RE: front reading lamp switches ON by itself - mark_n - 18-11-2013 06:21am

Thanks, I'll mention it to them but they are being rather grumpy after I insisted I bring my own fully synthetic oil (at a cost of £30 or so) compared to their inferior product at £80+. If, on the day, they refuse to use it, they will not be doing the service, just the warranty work.

RE: front reading lamp switches ON by itself - Bruno787 - 21-01-2014 12:38am

anybody has the TSB# for this? dealer adjusted touch sensitivity settings but the problem persists Sad

RE: front reading lamp switches ON by itself - mark_n - 21-01-2014 05:42am

Mine have been better behaved since I had a software updates, though whether the two are connected is impossible to say.