babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? (/Thread-Santorini-Black-Vs-Barolo-Black-on-a-2013-Dynamic)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Samson - 23-12-2012 11:31am

(22-12-2012 04:44pm)preme123 Wrote:  Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic?

What are the differences between the two blacks? Im looking for a deep deep dark black color. I don't like it turning purple-ish or grey-ish when it hits the sunlight. I want a glossy deep black.

Which would suit me most? Are there some real life photos of it for comparison thank you!

by the way is there another shade of black also called sumatra black? How is it different?

Colour is a very personal choice. I have the Barolo and think it is absolutely fantastic, but based on your requirements I would recommend the Santorini. As has been said, you really need to look at a car in real life to gauge the true colour. Nevertheless I have posted a few picks of mine (see http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Finally-Arrived-Home) that might help...

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - goldenboi79 - 25-12-2012 06:20am

Barolo is definitely very reddish in the light. Think of it as a cherry black. Santorini (which I have) is very lack with a metallic fleck.

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - RREAD - 20-12-2014 04:26pm

(22-12-2012 11:28pm)James @ Grange Barnet LR Wrote:  Preme,

The simple answer is Santorini.

Barolo has red in it, therefore in sunlight it is a dark reddy-purple.

As mentioned, Santorini is a proper metallic black that just looks shiny in sunlight as opposed to a different shade. The metallic fleck is quite easy to see close up.

James Smile

Barolo Black is very dark brown (not red/purple)

(25-12-2012 06:20am)goldenboi79 Wrote:  Barolo is definitely very reddish in the light. Think of it as a cherry black. Santorini (which I have) is very lack with a metallic fleck.

Barolo Black is very dark brown (not red/purple)

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - speedbird - 20-12-2014 06:31pm

Just ordered my car today. And the choice came down to barolo or santorini. Initially the grey was in the mix. But my view was a range rover should be black!
Back to blacks...salesman told me the barolo has a bronze fleck. Santorini looks great in the flesh and looks true black. Hence that is what I went for.

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - speedbird - 24-12-2014 01:20pm

To update this...I changed my order to grey! Corris!

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Evo-king - 25-12-2014 01:59pm

And no doubt you will change your mind again.

Many of us did.

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - speedbird - 25-12-2014 09:30pm

From grey to black? Or you mean just general changes of mind? To be honest the colour choice is driving me nuts! But will stick to my guns now. I wish it was locked down and I was unable to change it!

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Redrob - 26-12-2014 12:17am

Corris grey, black roof, black wheels, sorted, happy Xmas.

Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - genericd - 26-12-2014 01:49am

Mines Orkney grey with a black roof. I'm thinking of dipping the wheels black actually. Gloss or Matt?

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Evo-king - 26-12-2014 10:44am

(25-12-2014 09:30pm)speedbird Wrote:  From grey to black? Or you mean just general changes of mind? To be honest the colour choice is driving me nuts! But will stick to my guns now. I wish it was locked down and I was unable to change it!

Simply because of the long wait and all of the colour options.

Joking aside, we were lucky to make our colour decisions by being able to see the various colours at the dealers, though not at the same time.