babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Need to decide: manual or auto? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Need to decide: manual or auto? (/Thread-Need-to-decide-manual-or-auto)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Need to decide: manual or auto? - vinny - 11-12-2012 09:36pm

Higher initial cost,higher road tax ,lower MPG,no stop/start- can't see the reason you would buy one unless you really have the need for it.Having said that if they ever fit the 8 speed auto to the evoque I could see myself buying one it if it overcame the afore mentioned issues

RE: Need to decide: manual or auto? - Evo-king - 11-12-2012 10:11pm

If you intend to go off road, then the auto is better.

As many have posted before, you won't cook the clutch in an auto.

I have a manual and would think twice of doing anything too adventurous in it. I've done the LRE off roading in the autos, no worries with them.

RE: Need to decide: manual or auto? - Lachlan - 12-12-2012 06:59am

In a world of dual clutch trannys and eight speed autos, LR's six speed slush box doesn't exactly stand out as state of the art. Stick with the manual.

Need to decide: manual or auto? - Filski - 12-12-2012 12:42pm

Thanks for all the comments. I ended up swapping to the auto.

Main reasons were generally off road but daigriff raised another I'd been considering - resale. Friends also pointed out manuals can be problematic on water crossings too.

Sure it doesn't compare to the 8 speed in the BMW x3 but its not that bad either. It's still going to be fun to drive regardless!