babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Memory seats - maddening! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Memory seats - maddening! (/Thread-Memory-seats-maddening)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Memory seats - maddening! - Ranger4 - 30-06-2012 03:38pm

(30-06-2012 02:58pm)DaveR Wrote:  the lowering and raising of the seat on tu
rning off/ on the car is in the menu options as easy entry/exit or something similar.

mine is turned on and I have to say I don't think it always returns to the exact same place when I get back in the car.

I will pay a bit more attention to it and confirm.

Ah, I see... mine must be turned off then. I'll have a little investigation later, but I don't think I'll leave the feature turned on.....

RE: Memory seats - maddening! - rhysadams - 30-06-2012 04:07pm

Does anyone know if there is some sort of preference to which key you use also? I know on the BMW if my partner drives the car it remembers all of her radio settings, climate control settings and seat positions. When I get it it alters to my preferences. This included the seat memory positions.

RE: Memory seats - maddening! - ChuckieB - 30-06-2012 04:29pm

(30-06-2012 04:07pm)rhysadams Wrote:  Does anyone know if there is some sort of preference to which key you use also? I know on the BMW if my partner drives the car it remembers all of her radio settings, climate control settings and seat positions. When I get it it alters to my preferences. This included the seat memory positions.

Been talked about at some length in other threads. Short answer. No.

RE: Memory seats - maddening! - BFGEvoqueMan - 30-06-2012 08:12pm

(29-06-2012 10:22pm)DynamiqueDan Wrote:  I hate them I really do.

My wife has memory setting 1 and I have set mine to memory setting 3. I drive the car 90% of the time so why can't it remember what the last setting was?

It seems that every time I get in the car it will move to a random setting, sometime something like my wifes seating position, sometimes mine and sometimes as if it is expecting Peter Crouch to be driving!

So most of the time when I get in the car I have to hold down memory button 3 for about 10secs while it goes back to the setting it always should have been.

Frankly it is so annoying I would much rather just have manual adjustment! It got me thinking though, is everybody's car like this or have I got a faulty system.

Don't forget each key has its own 1,2, 3 so what you need to do is set the seat where you want and press 3. Lock the car and open with the other car and press M then 3 again.

RE: Memory seats - maddening! - DynamiqueDan - 03-07-2012 07:02am

Have switched off the easy entry and reprogrammed my seat position to button 1. This has not cured the problem and on entry to the vehicle I have to laboriously hold down button 1 for 10 secs while it whirrs into the correct position. No-one else has driven the car.

Surely this is a fault?

Memory seats - maddening! - Neo - 03-07-2012 07:28am

Good thing I didn't get the seat memory feature then?

RE: Memory seats - maddening! - RacingSnake - 03-07-2012 07:43am

(03-07-2012 07:02am)DynamiqueDan Wrote:  Surely this is a fault?
must be, mine definately is one touch, and only if it has been changed before i get in.

Just checking.... Do you have the dynamic plus seats? Or the regulars?