babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cautionary tale of Keyless Entry (subtitled 'Is there a fault') - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Cautionary tale of Keyless Entry (subtitled 'Is there a fault') (/Thread-Cautionary-tale-of-Keyless-Entry-subtitled-Is-there-a-fault)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Cautionary tale of Keyless Entry (subtitled 'Is there a fault') - PigLauncher - 28-05-2012 04:41pm

Never leave the key inside the car close to a mobile. This has recently happened to a female friend twice when filling up her BMW. It's a fairly common occurrence apparently.

RE: Cautionary tale of Keyless Entry (subtitled 'Is there a fault') - THEMACS - 28-05-2012 09:01pm

(28-05-2012 02:35pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Even for non keyless entry it still doesn't stop you leaving them and locking them in the boot though, so we could all succumb to this issue!

That's what I was thinking, even more likely to happen in a None Keyless car!

RE: Cautionary tale of Keyless Entry (subtitled 'Is there a fault') - LukeD - 29-05-2012 10:38am

Although I don't own a RRE I thought I'd add my own experience of exactly the same situation with my MK3 Ford Focus.

Returning to my car from the gym I had all of my stuff in my big sports bag including my mobile phone, car key/fob and my mobile. I approached the boot and put my hand on it, opened the boot plonked the bag in the back and then slammed the boot down and as soon as I did I realised the mistake I made leaving the key in my bag! However the car detected this and although it sounded like the boot had locked when I shut it, it hadn't. It detected the key was in the boot and didn't let the boot shut and lock meaning I could retrieve the key.

This I believe is what the RRE should of done, but as others have pointed out could be a glitch/other interference had an effect on the key being identified as in the boot.

Just for your info the ford keyless does the same as the RRE's in the sense that if you don't press the unlock button on the fob it will only unlock the boot and when you shut the boot the rest of the car remains locked.