babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? (/Thread-which-models-have-a-single-tailpipe-TD4-SD4)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - J77 - 01-05-2012 04:47pm

[Image: b41a3deb.jpg]

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - Mudi1 - 16-05-2012 06:53am

I have an Sd4 prestige diesel auto with single exhaust! Contrary to all posts I have seen on this site that state it should be double. The cut out in the bumper is for two. (I thought the pipe must have fallen off, but the system fitted is single). Can anyone answer if they have the same or knowledge as to why this is so. Much appreciated.

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - THEMACS - 16-05-2012 06:58am

(16-05-2012 06:53am)Mudi1 Wrote:  I have an Sd4 prestige diesel auto with single exhaust! Contrary to all posts I have seen on this site that state it should be double. The cut out in the bumper is for two. (I thought the pipe must have fallen off, but the system fitted is single). Can anyone answer if they have the same or knowledge as to why this is so. Much appreciated.

What build date was it?? the Only SD4 i ever saw with a single exhaust was the white one that James May drove on Top Gear in Las Vegas which was a Pre Production Model. So either you have a Pre Production Model or a Td4 or an Ed4 with the wrong badge and bumpers!! Either way it doesnt sound good, better get beck to the dealers and QUICK!!!!!!

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - cjfp - 16-05-2012 07:04am

^ +1

I have an SD4 Pure and that has 2 exhausts so I would certainly expect that on a Prestige!

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - Mudi1 - 16-05-2012 07:10am

(16-05-2012 06:58am)THEMACS Wrote:  What build date was it?? the Only SD4 i ever saw with a single exhaust was the white one that James May drove on Top Gear in Las Vegas which was a Pre Production Model. So either you have a Pre Production Model or a Td4 or an Ed4 with the wrong badge and bumpers!! Either way it doesnt sound good, better get beck to the dealers and QUICK!!!!!!

Built 26th April 2012, picked up last thursday with over 100 miles on the clock.

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - THEMACS - 16-05-2012 07:13am

(16-05-2012 07:10am)Mudi1 Wrote:  Built 26th April 2012, picked up last thursday with over 100 miles on the clock.

Oh Dear, Sorry to hear this, Better Reject the Car before you put any more miles on it.

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - xxxx5 - 16-05-2012 07:14am

(16-05-2012 06:53am)Mudi1 Wrote:  I have an Sd4 prestige diesel auto with single exhaust! Contrary to all posts I have seen on this site that state it should be double. The cut out in the bumper is for two. (I thought the pipe must have fallen off, but the system fitted is single). Can anyone answer if they have the same or knowledge as to why this is so. Much appreciated.

Sorry but i don't think you have a SD4, I would check with your dealers asap.

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - Mudi1 - 16-05-2012 07:19am

Ok will do, I did not put those miles on it the dealers ( Harwoods) did whilst testing it. Looking underneath the car the exhaust looks older than it should for a car that is a couple of weeks old.

Thanks for your help I will get back to dealer. Just wanted to check first as I thought I may have missed something. Some posts here mention dummy exhausts on one side.

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - Bruno787 - 16-05-2012 03:24pm

thats why i started this thread, im very sure i saw 3 SD4 with single tailpipes. so i wasnt hallucinating at all!

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4???? - Mudi1 - 16-05-2012 06:31pm

I drove it to the dealers for a check ! Annoyed they didn't take my word for it but oh well. They got onto Halewoods for a response and one of them checked the rest of the spec. in case something else was not right. It most definitely should have the twin and one is being fitted tomorrow (Harwoods will pick up car and drop back, so no time wasted for me).

I will get the answer tomorrow as to why, (& will post for your info), but it is sad for those that have this and are unaware.

Again thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. maybe it won't sound so much like a taxi when the proper exhaust is on!