babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? (/Thread-help-is-this-a-style-6-or-7-wheel)

Pages: 1 2

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - RacingSnake - 15-04-2012 07:11am

(14-04-2012 09:36pm)mark_n Wrote:  I think using the term "gutted" over a choice of wheel suggests you should get a life.
LOL Laughing Laughing
(14-04-2012 11:00pm)LDT Wrote:  I think "gutted" could be read as "disappointed". I too would be disappointed if I was paying for my preferred choice of wheels only to find that they were not the ones I had wanted.
Indeed disappointed may have been a better choice of words, I didn't expect to be chastised over the use of my vocabulary Shocked

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - LDT - 15-04-2012 08:14am

(15-04-2012 07:11am)RacingSnake Wrote:  LOL Laughing Laughing
Indeed disappointed may have been a better choice of words, I didn't expect to be chastised over the use of my vocabulary Shocked

Embarrassed Not my intention which was to express surprise at the gutted/get a life reference in a previous post. Embarrassed

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - RacingSnake - 15-04-2012 08:22am

No No, I agree with your post, I knew what you meant Very Happy

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - Neo - 15-04-2012 01:33pm

They are definately style 7s, the 6s are so much more lighter colour.

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - ollicopter - 15-04-2012 02:25pm

My favorites are style 7

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - berlin2011 - 15-04-2012 02:44pm

(14-04-2012 02:58pm)doug Wrote:  My understanding was that a style 7 was just a dirty style 6 Very Happy

If only it was that easy... eye of the beholder and all that stuff, there's a reason the 7's cost extra Wink They look that much better.

RE: help, is this a style 6 or 7 wheel? - mark_n - 15-04-2012 08:41pm

Well, I've just received my first forum warning from a Moderator over my suggestion that RS should "get a life". This has taken some doing, especially as I published an internal LR memo about the supply situation last year which I would have thought would have lead to a severe spanking.

If I offended RS, or anyone, I apologise.

The point I was trying to make was that the choice of Style 6 or Style 7 wheels is not the be-all-and-end-all; you are not going to lose sleep over it, unlike getting the smoker's pack wrong which will have you tossing and turning for hours.

For me, I like my wheels to be clean and if I'm careless and scuff them, I like to be able to get them refurbished easily. The Style 7's are more difficult to refurbish because of the graded paint finish and there's a danger they will not match. I accept they may look great to some but not to these eyes.