babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! (/Thread-High-Insurance-Quotes-Making-Me-Get-Disgruntled)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - Daigriff - 05-03-2012 09:34pm

(05-03-2012 09:22pm)The Valeter Wrote:  They quoted me £1118 today. Some have said the business use only adds less than £100.

I don't mind paying insurance but I don't like being stitched up. I told Admiral that someone drove into the front bumper of my Freelander back in November but didn't involve my insurance & they said it may affect it a little to which I replied that is nothing more than an excuse to rip one off!

Yes, Ive heard that as well. Even if an incident is not your fault and even if a claim isnt made, it can push your premium up. I believe this is the stance of all car insurers...rediculous.

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - broady43 - 05-03-2012 10:43pm

Got me worried,so I got a quote with Direct Line.£360Very Happy

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - The Valeter - 05-03-2012 10:54pm

Stupid thing is that I just went on Moneysupermarket & one of the cheapest quotes that came up was Admiral who when I rang up earlier wouldn't insure! Work that one out Sad

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - j7david - 05-03-2012 11:00pm

(05-03-2012 10:54pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Stupid thing is that I just went on Moneysupermarket & one of the cheapest quotes that came up was Admiral who when I rang up earlier wouldn't insure! Work that one out Sad

No harm in seeing if they'll insure you through their website, even if they won't over the phone.

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - Daigriff - 05-03-2012 11:32pm

(05-03-2012 11:00pm)j7david Wrote:  No harm in seeing if they'll insure you through their website, even if they won't over the phone.

Hmm, just be carefull, its insurance companies we're dealling with here...if you do it online ensure everything is disclosed...they like nothing better than to not pay out due to non disclosure.

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - Ranger4 - 05-03-2012 11:43pm

Admiral was the cheapest for me at £415, but in the small-print of the policy it clearly stated that the panoramic glass roof wouldn't be covered under the glass policy, which I was wanting.
The cheapest that I could find covering the glass roof, business class 1 use, PNC and legal aid, was £477 with Liverpool Victoria. I did it online first and then phoned up afterwards to confirm the small print.

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - BOBM4N - 05-03-2012 11:50pm

We were with Admiral multi-car on a BMW 525d M Sport and Ford Ka for about £540. Renewal time came and their quote went up by over £200 - even with 3 points leaving my licence. Searched the net and found a new multi-car deal with Elephant for around the same £540.

Guess who's insurance Elephant sell..... That's right! All my documents are on Admiral headed paper!

Amazing!

BTW Changing BMW to Evoque cost me an extra £14

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - Pommyboi - 05-03-2012 11:55pm

You've made me worry as well! But I did check before ordering that it wouldn't be too much. The best quote I had so far was with Land Rover insurance which was a surprise £760. I'm not having the pano roof so I wasn't worried about them not covering the roof under the glass policy.

Just checked Aviva and they were a lovely £1360, I won't be using them.

Detailed were: 36yo, 1 claim (my fault), full NCD, 15,000 Class 1 Business use

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - ED209 - 06-03-2012 12:32am

Business use for me usually adds less than £10, sometimes its even free!

RE: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!! - The Valeter - 06-03-2012 12:32am

(05-03-2012 11:55pm)Pommyboi Wrote:  You've made me worry as well! But I did check before ordering that it wouldn't be too much. The best quote I had so far was with Land Rover insurance which was a surprise £760. I'm not having the pano roof so I wasn't worried about them not covering the roof under the glass policy.

Just checked Aviva and they were a lovely £1360, I won't be using them.

Detailed were: 36yo, 1 claim (my fault), full NCD, 15,000 Class 1 Business use

Roughly the same as my quotes then!