babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? (/Thread-Rear-facing-baby-seat-recommendations)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - aljrob - 23-02-2012 04:41pm

I found a thread about how tricky it was to fit the Isofix seats, but nothing about the seats themselves.

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - bwaadass - 23-02-2012 06:14pm

I'm using a Maxi Cosi Cabrio (with the Max Cosi Family Fix base) in my 5 door Evoque. Works well.

I'm 6ft and my drivers seat position is such that the rear of the drivers seat touches the baby seat - but there is enough room (just!).

Can't recommend the Family Fix highly enough - saves so much time and is a lot easier (and probably safer as you know it's secure).

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - j7david - 23-02-2012 07:15pm

For what age/size baby?

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Chunk - 23-02-2012 10:37pm

I tried both car seats in the evoque at test drive stage. Maxi Cosi cabriofix for baby and maxi cosi tobi for our 2 year old. Both fitted in nicely without touching seats etc. Anyone got any pics of seat protectors for under the seats? I didn't bother with our Beemer but now I'm paying £3000 for some seats and leather I don't want them to be damaged!

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Mag1c_dragon - 24-02-2012 08:56am

I used this in my slk - haven't put it in the RRE yet though :-0

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Neatseat/dp/B000ILEQUQ?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=008J72K6MVX5SSSQ0GHY&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000ILIPI0&pf_rd_p=223220787&pf_rd_s=bottom-9

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - GibEvoque - 24-02-2012 10:38am

(23-02-2012 10:37pm)Chunk Wrote:  I tried both car seats in the evoque at test drive stage. Maxi Cosi cabriofix for baby and maxi cosi tobi for our 2 year old. Both fitted in nicely without touching seats etc. Anyone got any pics of seat protectors for under the seats? I didn't bother with our Beemer but now I'm paying £3000 for some seats and leather I don't want them to be damaged!

I have this though mine came from morrision supermarket:

Seat protector

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Craig_d1 - 24-02-2012 12:47pm

I use piece of spare carpet from when had house done. Cut it to size to cover seat and back with access to isofix. works great

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Delta - 24-02-2012 03:18pm

(24-02-2012 12:47pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I use piece of spare carpet from when had house done. Cut it to size to cover seat and back with access to isofix. works great

LOL a Do it Yourselfer Niiiice.
Baby on the way too, and there are a few stores that sell Maxi Cosi products near me so will go venture.
Has anyone fit a stroller in the back nicely?

I don't think it will fit.

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Mag1c_dragon - 24-02-2012 05:26pm

I think you will struggle to get a big buggy in the boot if I am honest - def try them out!

RE: Rear-facing baby seat - recommendations? - Chunk - 24-02-2012 07:39pm

Thanks for the links to seat protectors guys, I appreciate it!!

As for question about strollers we took our bugaboo bee plus (stroller size) and it fitted in no probs. Also had the bugaboo chameleon there and it's a tight fit to get both of them in but can be done. I must admit I was a little disappointed with the boot size esp coming from a 3 series saloon. My inlaws golf has a bigger boot!!