babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
4 Months from Order to Delivery - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: 4 Months from Order to Delivery (/Thread-4-Months-from-Order-to-Delivery)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - The Valeter - 08-02-2012 12:28am

I was speaking to a Kent dealer today & they are quoting 3 to 4 months wait on orders taken presently.

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - BTS18 - 09-02-2012 12:13pm

(08-02-2012 12:28am)The Valeter Wrote:  I was speaking to a Kent dealer today & they are quoting 3 to 4 months wait on orders taken presently.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum. I placed my order on 7/2/12 and have been told delivery will be end of May. I'm not sure if this is sales pitch to get the order or not. Actions speak louder than words, time will tell . It is encouraging to hear that dealerships are offering 3 - 4 month deliveries. My experience with at least 5 other dealerships was a lead time of 10 - 12 months.

Ordered: 5dr Prestige SD4 auto, Orkney Grey, Element interior, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass..........I'm also considering adding the heated steering wheel, I thought it was a bit 'gimicky' but I have read so many positive comments on it.

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - MartinP - 09-02-2012 01:33pm

Hi BTS and welcome.
Your timings are not too different to mine which is encouraging. My dealer indicated end May but I am working to June in my mind. However there are lots of examples of more extended delivery times on here. Lets hope we are both lucky!

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - BenCour - 09-02-2012 03:09pm

Hello,

I'm in Canada and I have placed my order 2/6/2012. My dealer told me that I should receive it at the end of May so pretty much in line with everyone else.

Ben

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - chidd - 09-02-2012 06:28pm

(09-02-2012 12:13pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I'm also considering adding the heated steering wheel, I thought it was a bit 'gimicky' but I have read so many positive comments on it.

Do it. I have a D4 with all the toys and the heated steering wheel is probably the one I value the most! Best £175 you will ever spend IMHO.

4 Months from Order to Delivery - HeyBert - 09-02-2012 06:39pm

Whilst I'm really pleased to hear some folks only having a 3-4 month wait, it's beginning to niggle me given I placed my deposit in August 2011 and mine goes to build on the 16th March.

There's not much I can do about it which is even more frustrating......other than wait, and wait, and continue to wait!

Strop over Smile

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - BTS18 - 09-02-2012 11:02pm

(09-02-2012 06:39pm)HeyBert Wrote:  Whilst I'm really pleased to hear some folks only having a 3-4 month wait, it's beginning to niggle me given I placed my deposit in August 2011 and mine goes to build on the 16th March.

There's not much I can do about it which is even more frustrating......other than wait, and wait, and continue to wait!

Strop over Smile

Look on the bright side........... You KNOW your car is going to build in March. We have only been TOLD to expect delivery in May. Talk is cheap, I will only know when I have confirmation of build date and delivery.

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - Craig_d1 - 09-02-2012 11:45pm

(09-02-2012 06:28pm)chidd Wrote:  Do it. I have a D4 with all the toys and the heated steering wheel is probably the one I value the most! Best £175 you will ever spend IMHO.

Totally agree. Got it on my D4. Everyone took the mick out of me when I ordered it. Wiped the smile off their faces when they tried it out. They all want it now....Very Happy

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - Broadsword1959 - 10-02-2012 01:43am

(09-02-2012 06:39pm)HeyBert Wrote:  Whilst I'm really pleased to hear some folks only having a 3-4 month wait, it's beginning to niggle me given I placed my deposit in August 2011 and mine goes to build on the 16th March.

Strop over Smile

It would be interesting to review the models and full add ons that are getting the 4 month or so deliveries and compare with those over 7 - 8 months. There must be either a component shortage or a model build plan that we are not party to.

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery - Donny Dog - 10-02-2012 10:25am

(10-02-2012 01:43am)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  There must be either a component shortage or a model build plane that we are not party to.

If they're wasting their time assembling Airfix kits instead of building cars, no wonder there are delays.......! Wink