babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Easy Entry Seat - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Easy Entry Seat (/Thread-Easy-Entry-Seat)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Easy Entry Seat - BFGEvoqueMan - 13-02-2012 09:40am

Can confirm mine ONLY works when you manually engage the handbrake, switch off the engine and then open the door. Switching off the engine and letting the car put the handbrake on itself and then opening the door results in no seat movment.

This makes it a TOTALLY POINTLESS FEATURE as if I let the technology (which LR insist I have) put the handbrake on for me, and god forbid I decide to leave it in gear without the handbrake on, I am not allowed to have my seat lowered??EvilEvilEvil

RE: Easy Entry Seat - berlin2011 - 13-02-2012 10:17am

Definitely a manual vs auto thing - when I switch off the car (auto) and the handbrake engages by itself my seat lowers the moment I open the door.

RE: Easy Entry Seat - defender_uk - 13-02-2012 02:23pm

well beginning to make sense. I couldn't work out the erratic behaviour of the seat either. I will try the various ideas now and see.

RE: Easy Entry Seat - Pedalpower - 13-02-2012 08:02pm

(13-02-2012 09:40am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Can confirm mine ONLY works when you manually engage the handbrake, switch off the engine and then open the door. Switching off the engine and letting the car put the handbrake on itself and then opening the door results in no seat movment.

This makes it a TOTALLY POINTLESS FEATURE as if I let the technology (which LR insist I have) put the handbrake on for me, and god forbid I decide to leave it in gear without the handbrake on, I am not allowed to have my seat lowered??EvilEvilEvil

Yep, def seems to be a bug, i was quite liking the auto handbrake on feature, really useful, however when using that the other useful feature of the seat lowering doesn't work !, Bingo ! Sad

RE: Easy Entry Seat - THEMACS - 13-02-2012 08:05pm

(13-02-2012 08:02pm)Pedalpower Wrote:  Yep, def seems to be a bug, i was quite liking the auto handbrake on feature, really useful, however when using that the other useful feature of the seat lowering doesn't work !, Bingo ! Sad

I am guessing if you have the seat in its lowest setting nothing happens anyway Confused