babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tuning box? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Tuning box? (/Thread-Tuning-box)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Tuning box? - cutter7 - 11-01-2012 11:28am

I've gone for it! and just ordered the CRTD2 2.2 SD4 190PS Digital Diesel Tuning Box (receive am tom)

I'll keep you posted once installed Thumbs Up

RE: Tuning box? - GibEvoque - 11-01-2012 12:22pm

Definitely interested on your feedback, thats loads of Torque for an SD4 525nm, hope the g/box can take it, same as an XKR or an EVOx FQ400!!!.

I think i will go for it, but will let my car run in for a 1,000kms or so first.

RE: Tuning box? - Jonathon555 - 11-01-2012 11:29pm

Also interested in the feedback

RE: Tuning box? - GibEvoque - 12-01-2012 06:45pm

any feedback yet? must have been done by now

RE: Tuning box? - cutter7 - 12-01-2012 07:30pm

(12-01-2012 06:45pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  any feedback yet? must have been done by now

Ok, received today,installed 2 hours ago, run the car for the last hour, and just got home..

Install is a bit tricky for first time, the engine cover needs to be removed this means removing two bolts and nut in the top right corner (this is slightly awkward) but once done, you remove the plastic engine guard, and then remove the sponge insulation which covers the 3 pin common rail fuel pressure sensor.

Connect as Install instructions re- assemble cover and hope all is ok!!

Started engine and noticed that the idle speed is about 20-25% more quiet! no sensor errors, or conflicts all ok!!

I left the engine on idle until it reached normal driving temp, and then reversed and prayed Sad

Soon as i pulled away you can feel the change, the acceleration is just so smooth and refined, and you can feel that extra power, which as i just said is so smooth, and not harsh like it was before.

I decided to give it a blast along some dual carriage way nearby, which is about just under a mile ,and as i looked down at the speedo when i needed to break for the next roundabout i thought shit i'm doing almost 100 and it really felt like 70 -80.

I cannot give any info on MPG yet, but i will do town and motorway driving over say 2 hours at the weekend, and see if there are any gains..So far i am so very happy with this unit and i can honestly say, it's better than i expected Smile

Forgot to mention that before this was installed i had throttle lag/flat spot etc, when i needed quick acceleration i.e. say from a rolling exit from roundabout, this has completely gone..

RE: Tuning box? - ED209 - 12-01-2012 07:34pm

So the idle is noisier?? is that because it idles at higher RPM or because it is running rough/lumpy?

RE: Tuning box? - cutter7 - 12-01-2012 07:42pm

(12-01-2012 07:34pm)ED209 Wrote:  So the idle is noisier?? is that because it idles at higher RPM or because it is running rough/lumpy?

Sorry my mistake its more quiet..Surprised

Idle speed is the same as before, and runs very smooth.

RE: Tuning box? - GibEvoque - 12-01-2012 07:52pm

Like the sound of the inital review, i think after my own experience on my current car, and what your saying here are very similar. I think as soon as i have the keys in my hand i'll get this ordered. Sounds like its an easy way to have fun factor.

RE: Tuning box? - Evo-king - 12-01-2012 10:44pm

Not got my car yet, but I'm seriously thinking about this.

RE: Tuning box? - ytshome - 12-01-2012 11:29pm

Hi cutter7, I don't know if I've missed it in the thread but which model do you have and which product have you gone for. Cheers YT