babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Creaky Tailgate - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Creaky Tailgate (/Thread-Creaky-Tailgate)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Creaky Tailgate - Rattle-man - 05-01-2012 02:00pm

creaking at the rear, check the headliner clip at centre rear is clipped in, could be spoiler creaking at edges check by pushing the spoiler up and down (light pressure). Could be tailgate creaking to the drain trough panel, ad some felt to the tailagate in the cormers where it touches, if its on the LHS at rear likely it is a D-pilar BIW creak will need all LH rear panels removed and the panels tweaking

RE: Creaky Tailgate - forest172 - 05-01-2012 07:30pm

(11-12-2011 09:47am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Yes! I have only had my car a couple of days and have noticed a creaky noice from the back. I also noticed when the boot is open that the plastic at the top of the tailgate has 2 rub marks one on either side!

Mines the same. 2 rub marks where the boot meets the roof body.

RE: Creaky Tailgate - PhilSkill - 05-01-2012 10:20pm

I had a creak from the rear when I had a passenger in the back, we thought it was the blind when retracted, but he poked about in the rear (without any vaseline) and found it was the rear door trim, after he got out it never made a noise again...

RE: Creaky Tailgate - WB - 05-01-2012 10:31pm

(05-01-2012 07:30pm)forest172 Wrote:  Mines the same. 2 rub marks where the boot meets the roof body.

Are the rub marks on the top or the sides? I think I may have the same - any chance of a photo? I'll try to take one too