babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Eco Stop/Start - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Eco Stop/Start (/Thread-Eco-Stop-Start)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Eco Stop/Start - Ezandania - 15-12-2011 04:17pm

The Eco mode can be switched on/off too right? Oh boy..another set of prob for the Evoque Sad hope it gets fixed guys....though from the description, it shud be fixed via a firmware upgrade of some sort

RE: Eco Stop/Start - cjfp - 15-12-2011 05:28pm

Just had a thought - not sure if it is the answer but ... On the FL2 the auto stop/start ceases to function when the outdoor temp falls below a certain point. Could this be the reason?

RE: Eco Stop/Start - msalido - 15-12-2011 09:45pm

My main concern is the message show in the screen "damage" and the bottom does not switch on/off

RE: Eco Stop/Start - PhilSkill - 15-12-2011 10:04pm

Hi cjfp, Yes I think low temperature is a factor, and maybe why it's not cutting in much at the moment.

msalido, if you have a message on the screen continually you should take it back to the dealer, that's not right!

RE: Eco Stop/Start - EVO PUNDITT - 16-12-2011 10:16am

Temperature outside in London is +2 and the stop/start is not active, even though eco is on .So I assume it does not cut out when temp is low outside.

RE: Eco Stop/Start - PhilSkill - 18-12-2011 08:14pm

I did a long drive yesterday over the Cotswolds constantly showing 2deg, Eco never cut in once, till I got just outside my town and at traffic lights the Engine stopped, may have been a touch warmer off the Cotswolds but 4deg max though, so guess limit is around 3 or 4 deg for temperature, obviously there are other factors too

RE: Eco Stop/Start - cjfp - 18-12-2011 08:43pm

Googling and reading, it may also be linked to the coolant temp.

RE: Eco Stop/Start - Straydox - 19-12-2011 01:50am

Not sure for the Evoque - Audi Stop/Start won't work if:

Engine isn't up to operating temp
There is lots of electrical load - i.e. heated seats/lights/wipers
Steering wheel isn't in straight ahead position (i.e probably waiting to turn out of a junction)

Will be interesting to see how LR have implemented theirs.

RE: Eco Stop/Start - FujiSan - 07-01-2012 11:44pm

Another criteria maybe the temperature differential between the desired temperature on the dials and the actual measured interior temp measured by the climate control system. Certainly on Audis if there is more than about 3 or 4 degrees plus or minus variation, it will keep the engine running to either supply heating or cooling as may be required.

Maybe the Evoque is set up similarly?

RE: Eco Stop/Start - Frp1 - 08-01-2012 01:30am

I had the same thing over the past week. The low temp sound like a good answer.
I will see if it works in the morning.

Ben