babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
So disappointed. Shame on you LR - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: So disappointed. Shame on you LR (/Thread-So-disappointed-Shame-on-you-LR)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR - The Valeter - 05-11-2011 12:25pm

(05-11-2011 06:42am)mark_n Wrote:  I think LR are the last bastion of all that was wrong with the British motor industry in the 60s, 70s and 80s. The product may have improved out of all recognition but the ingrained attitudes in Land Rover, carefully passed on and instilled into each new generation of employees, remain. There is a serious Attitude Problem and an arrogance which defies belief. You can just imagine the Champagne corks popping when, each year, LR comes bottom of the reliability survey. They will argue that someone has to and are proud to be awarded this accolade.

Can't decide which are worse, the dealers (who cannot help themselves) or LR for failing to address, still less fix the problem.

The dealer attitude over the survey is predictable and unforgivable. They go through the motions but ultimately don't care one jot. Those of us who were persuaded to set aside our prejudices about this old manufacturing bulldog by the glossy films were clearly mistaken.

Very true look at Rover Group Evil I don't think the dealers generally care as they know people will buy the cars & pay silly money in servicing costs etc so there is always a good cashflow. Only time I think they will really worry is if LR pull the plug on thir franchise but given their general attititude is fairly unlikely!

So disappointed. Shame on you LR - DDX - 05-11-2011 02:32pm

I have written an email to someone high up at JLR and am awaiting a response. I outlined my specific problem as well as the general way in which LR are handling the problem and the lack of honest information. I also pointed him to this forum to show him the general discontent amongst waiitng customers. Email was only sent yesterday so am awaiting a response.

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR - mark_n - 05-11-2011 03:49pm

Good for you, it will be interesting to see whether he bothers to respond or is too busy out playing golf.

So disappointed. Shame on you LR - rsk21 - 06-11-2011 08:59am

@ Mark N, out of interest how many LR products have you previously purchased and from how many different dealers ?

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR - mark_n - 06-11-2011 09:48am

I'm new to LR and was naievely expecting the same good service I get from Porsche in Swindon, Mercedes in Cheltenham and Gloucester and even Subaru in Tredington.

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR - cjfp - 06-11-2011 10:19am

*naively Laughing

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR - mark_n - 06-11-2011 10:20am

LOL, even I make spelling mistakes!

So disappointed. Shame on you LR - SW6RR - 06-11-2011 10:23am

Can't we call some kind of troose...?

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR - mark_n - 06-11-2011 12:40pm

No, but a truce might be possible.

So disappointed. Shame on you LR - SW6RR - 06-11-2011 06:37pm

Exsellent