babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Adaptive Dynamics - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Adaptive Dynamics (/Thread-Adaptive-Dynamics)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - Gorjan - 16-09-2011 06:54pm

Maybe this can help you understand the technology:

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - jitenc - 16-09-2011 08:46pm

(16-09-2011 06:54pm)Gorjan Wrote:  Maybe this can help you understand the technology:

Thanks... i have started checking out all the entries on youtube... quite informative.

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - Spiderman - 17-09-2011 12:25am

(16-09-2011 08:46pm)jitenc Wrote:  
(16-09-2011 06:54pm)Gorjan Wrote:  Maybe this can help you understand the technology:

Thanks... i have started checking out all the entries on youtube... quite informative.

I collected my 5 door Dynamic Evoque today and was wondering if I had ordered correctly, I had, it's a fantastic drive and any reservations I had about it being too firm was copletely washed away over the 60 mile journey home, I travelled over country roads, dual carriageway, through villages and towns & many twisty roads too....it was flawless.

If you like the look fo the Dynamic model you'll love the drive Magneride offers, it is the best Magneride suspension I have tested to date, well done LR.

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - jitenc - 17-09-2011 11:58am

Thanks Spiderman, i like your style... so did you have the AD mode on all the time, or did you let it cruise....

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - paulus599 - 17-09-2011 04:51pm

AD mode is on all the time anyway. I think you mean Dynamic mode (sorry to be picky but's it's confusing enough already Confused )

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - jitenc - 17-09-2011 06:34pm

(17-09-2011 04:51pm)paulus599 Wrote:  AD mode is on all the time anyway. I think you mean Dynamic mode (sorry to be picky but's it's confusing enough already Confused )
Sorry, that's what i meant...... i am getting less confused now.

Adaptive Dynamics - SW6RR - 17-09-2011 07:04pm

The confusion arises because dealers only seem to demo the magneride suspension in dynamic mode, so punters are lead to believe that it is harsh across the board. It isn't. In other modes, like normal, mud and ruts, etc, the magneride suspension produces a great ride.

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - benzina - 18-09-2011 02:07am

So to conclude, it sounds like it's safe to assume the following....

* AD in normal mode (which is on all the time), produces a better and smoother ride, then an Evoque without AD fitted.
* AD switched to Dynamic mode, greatly out-handles an Evoque without AD fitted.

Summery....The Adaptive Dynamic System fitted to an Evoque, offers an even smoother ride, and better handling, then an Evoque without this system fitted.

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - Spiderman - 18-09-2011 02:34am

(17-09-2011 11:58am)jitenc Wrote:  Thanks Spiderman, i like your style... so did you have the AD mode on all the time, or did you let it cruise....

I did both and as I have a 3/4 mile aggregate driveway I also tired it in both settings over this surface also....it really is a fantastic system, far better than anything I've every experienced in my 30+ years of motoring.

For anyone out there who is hesitating about specifying the AD system, go for it, it's brilliant and enhances the ride 10 fold. It's simply stunning the way the car firms up, the steering is instantly responsive and has a very good feel to it's weight...whether you are a keen driver or not I'd recommend you add it to your order as without it the ride is typical RR, by that I mean a tad wallowy, very compliant and capable still, but AD takes the Evoque to another level all together!

Enjoy your toys!

RE: Adaptive Dynamics - PAT - 18-09-2011 03:51am

(18-09-2011 02:07am)benzina Wrote:  So to conclude, it sounds like it's safe to assume the following....

* AD in normal mode (which is on all the time), produces a better and smoother ride, then an Evoque without AD fitted.
* AD switched to Dynamic mode, greatly out-handles an Evoque without AD fitted.

Summery....The Adaptive Dynamic System fitted to an Evoque, offers an even smoother ride, and better handling, then an Evoque without this system fitted.

Sounds like you've nailed it Wink