babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Late Delivery - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Late Delivery (/Thread-Late-Delivery)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Late Delivery - hybris - 06-10-2011 07:22pm

How can a car "appear" suddenly? This is extremely bad customer experience! Not used to this kind of thing with a so called premium brand... If its this bad regarding delivery I start to wonder how the post sales will be... Maybe just thinking Landrover was stupid of me..

RE: Late Delivery - defender_uk - 06-10-2011 07:38pm

no idea....but for once not complaining!

RE: Late Delivery - GinaS - 06-10-2011 09:09pm

(06-10-2011 03:47pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I have...5 weeks delay now9th December...I really I hope it arrives before Xmas.

Hi,
What are the reasons for your delay? Remember a while ago I had said that I'd been told Barolo won't be available until 2012....has this ever been mentioned to you?

RE: Late Delivery - ytshome - 06-10-2011 09:35pm

(06-10-2011 07:22pm)hybris Wrote:  How can a car "appear" suddenly? This is extremely bad customer experience! Not used to this kind of thing with a so called premium brand... If its this bad regarding delivery I start to wonder how the post sales will be... Maybe just thinking Landrover was stupid of me..

I'm sorry to have to mention this but why is it a really bad customer experience to get your car a few weeks early? I think that we all need to remember that this is a completely new car. It's not a third or fourth generation, which would already have well oiled production lines. Of course there will be teething problems, such as parts in short supply and lines having to come up to speed but come on and try to be reasoned about this. Life's too short to let youself get wound up by a car.....If it really is doing your head in buy an Q5 and then you'd have several years to see if you made the right choice.

RE: Late Delivery - hybris - 07-10-2011 02:43pm

Its a really bad customer experience as you cannot plan ahead. Sell your current car, prepare for delivery etc. Its better to get an early delivery than late but there is something fundamental called communication that is essential in a customer experience. Communication and never over promise is key in great customer relationships. Evoque is priced quite high compared to the other premium brands offering and with the the expectations are higher than for example buying a VW.

RE: Late Delivery - gomark - 07-10-2011 02:52pm

(07-10-2011 02:43pm)hybris Wrote:  Its a really bad customer experience as you cannot plan ahead. Sell your current car, prepare for delivery etc. Its better to get an early delivery than late but there is something fundamental called communication that is essential in a customer experience. Communication and never over promise is key in great customer relationships. Evoque is priced quite high compared to the other premium brands offering and with the the expectations are higher than for example buying a VW.

If I am right, you can request the dealer to hang on to the car until the agreed time and complete the handover at that point. Most people would be delighted to get the car ahead of schedule, but obviously this is inconvenient in your situation. Calm down and have a cup of tea... Very Happy

RE: Late Delivery - hybris - 07-10-2011 03:17pm

I am calm but with a two months delay Im canceling the order of the car. Will call the dealer on Monday.

I also find the dealers of land rover much less customer focused than BMW and Lexus. (Here in Sweden)

Don't answer calls, emails etc. Could just be my LL dealer but its a bad experience.

Just want to makes sure to share the experiences so people can make an informed decision.

RE: Late Delivery - defender_uk - 07-10-2011 03:25pm

don't cancel hybris....I am sure you will regret it. yes it is a pain, but it is a good vehicle at the end of the day

RE: Late Delivery - xxxx5 - 07-10-2011 03:25pm

I also find the dealers of land rover much less customer focused than BMW and Lexus. (Here in Sweden)

Totally agree, my BMW dealer would mend over backwards to help me out. In fact when I got married he lend me abrand new X5 for the weekend, totally free of charge because I was a good customer.

RE: Late Delivery - defender_uk - 07-10-2011 03:28pm

uhm LR have rarely been that good....they used to be. Arlington in Blackburn were excellent. Most of them were when they were small and independent, like Williams in manchester still is. Unfortunately most are now owned by Pendragon or such, large corporate business, who really don't give a monkeys....