babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque Reliability Issues? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque Reliability Issues? (/Thread-Evoque-Reliability-Issues)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - Phil. - 17-09-2011 08:59pm

OK guys - not really interested in LR history or predictions but facts about Evoque ownership. So please tell us if you witness an Evoque at the side of the road in trouble or if you have any problems with yours. Hopefully with the lack of problems reported, this thread will sink to the bottom of the pile but two reported sightings of problems in 2 days with so few cars on the road I suspect there is more to tell??

Cheers Smile

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - J77 - 17-09-2011 09:04pm

It's the electrics that have always plagued range rovers, so if anything it will be the electrics that will cause the most headaches.

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - Ezandania - 18-09-2011 04:29am

If for the Evoque, JLR has boasted the millions (or gazillion miles) they had tested in all sorts of conditions, in all sorts of places...one would think the reliability issues would be minimised. Did they test the FFRR or the FLs as rigorous as they did with the babyRR? If something in their testing philosophies changed, maybe that should be good news to us owners, no?
J77 - Electrics and electronics are always the hardest to troubleshoot!! Sigh. I always cringe if any of them warning sensors come on...esp when u can't seem to find a fault...

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - Jonathon555 - 18-09-2011 07:32am

(18-09-2011 04:29am)Ezandania Wrote:  If for the Evoque, JLR has boasted the millions (or gazillion miles) they had tested in all sorts of conditions, in all sorts of places...one would think the reliability issues would be minimised. Did they test the FFRR or the FLs as rigorous as they did with the babyRR? If something in their testing philosophies changed, maybe that should be good news to us owners, no?
J77 - Electrics and electronics are always the hardest to troubleshoot!! Sigh. I always cringe if any of them warning sensors come on...esp when u can't seem to find a fault...

Unfortunately for me , every time I take delivery of a new car I can find faults within weeks.

I always wonder how they never find the faults I do during testing.

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - griff - 18-09-2011 10:07am

Coming from a German car (BMW) I was lucky that I had no faults at delivery and the only warrenty claim was when the DVD drive for the Sat Nav packed up. replaced under warrenty in a day. Brill

I hope and expect the service and reliability of the New Evoque to be as good.
Fingers crossed Smile

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - Phil. - 03-10-2011 10:25pm

For the record:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Getting-recovered-by-the-AA

RE: Evoque Reliability Issues? - Grah - 04-10-2011 10:21am

Of course, the fact that we're discussing "history and predictions" could mean no actual problems known!