babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Real world mpg - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Real world mpg (/Thread-Real-world-mpg)

RE: Real world mpg - pureevoque - 11-12-2011 05:06pm

Not seen any photos Caroline...

RE: Real world mpg - caroline11000 - 11-12-2011 05:09pm

(11-12-2011 05:06pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Not seen any photos Caroline...
I know, I was going to take some today but it has rained here and the ar is filthy already! I will hopefully take some tomorrow and try and work out how to upload them!

RE: Real world mpg - simonc - 11-12-2011 08:01pm

Are people posting MPG based on Trip A / Trip B or from Trip Auto? Trip Auto resets itself for each new trip I believe so will give you a better idea of how the MPG is (hopefully) improving over time and will also give a better idea of how an individual trip (e.g. a more motorway-biased one which you would expect to yield better mpg) is giving you consumption-wise.

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 11-12-2011 09:05pm

(11-12-2011 04:47pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  I have only done 140 miles in my sd4 diesel auto so far but the trip is saying 23mpg ouch! It is an improvement on the 18mpg it said when the car only had 11 miles on the clock! I hope it improves a lot from that!

You should reset the trip A by holding the end of left stalk button in for 5 seconds, as it'll probably just have been driven on/off the transporter and round the dealer lot etc which will not be representative. This resets the mpg average as well as average speed, mileage etc,

But most of all enjoy your Evoque, and don't focus on the mpg! Smile

RE: Real world mpg - berlin2011 - 11-12-2011 10:08pm

(11-12-2011 09:05pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  But most of all enjoy your Evoque, and don't focus on the mpg! Smile

+1. Given how much fun it is to drive, you will likely never get close to the claimed mpg Wink

RE: Real world mpg - bluebear - 11-12-2011 10:25pm

I've just completed a 135 mile drive on mostly A roads. I averaged 61 mph and returned 37.1 mpg. A little disappointing as I was driving carefully but hey ho. This was on trip B (what's the difference between A and B?)

As a comparison, I did the same run last week (except faster) in my wife's Audi TT 2.0 TD Quattro and returned over 50 mpg. Maybe you can't compare these two

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 12-12-2011 12:40am

No difference A or B trips, you can just reset them seperately to use as you wish, e.g. B could be average over long periods like between services, and A could be for each fuel tank load, then you also have AUTO for this trip stats.

RE: Real world mpg - BMW86 - 12-12-2011 01:28am

This may not be the best place to ask but can the SD4 running a rich map from factory? Can it be tuned and leaned out to improve economy and efficiency?

RE: Real world mpg - griff - 12-12-2011 08:49am

(12-12-2011 01:28am)BMW86 Wrote:  This may not be the best place to ask but can the SD4 running a rich map from factory? Can it be tuned and leaned out to improve economy and efficiency?
I have emailed Nick at LR on this subject and that is a thought I had not considered. I hope my enquiry on fuel consumption will be answered soon.

RE: Real world mpg - EVO PUNDITT - 12-12-2011 09:28am

L/R should look into this and get this sorted, this is very bad publicity, lets hope there is a re-call regarding fuel consumption.