babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The negatives - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The negatives (/Thread-The-negatives)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The negatives - Token - 02-10-2011 01:48pm

£4k for genuine off road capability, a premium badge, and ground breaking design (and engineering) is extraordinarily good value!!

Yes I can find fault, things like slow electric seats for rear seat access in the 3 door is pretty poor...but having owned top premium cars such as a 911 and DB9, I know from personal experience that you can find fault with any car![/align]

RE: The negatives - ytshome - 02-10-2011 03:15pm

Actually, if I am to pay attention to the September issue of Car Magazine from the UK, I just might have sold the vehicle that is "way better in so many ways", except the ways that are important to me Wink
[/quote]

Hi again, Don't worry. We love GTI's too, having had the MK4, 5 and 6, as well as a Scirocco R but the Evoque feels more special. My eldest son (24) has the MK6 GTI DSG, and he too is green with envy. He has asked me to park mine next to his brothers car as he reckons itmakes his GTI seem ordinary.. Cheers YT.
(02-10-2011 07:17am)Gorjan Wrote:  Evoqess, comparing the Evoque to a Golf!? Come on... The Evoque is twice the price....

Hi Gorjan, If you spec a golf GTI 5 door to the same specification as the Evoque you'd be very surprised how close the cost is. Certainly not two for the price of one as you suggest!

RE: The negatives - ChuckieB - 02-10-2011 03:54pm

Speccing a coupe as a family car? Think carefully.Family Test drives of variants to check out auto v manual, Ad.Dyn v non AD.Dyn, Si v SD. Seat mechanism drove me nuts! I wasn't. Problem goes away!

RE: The negatives - paulus599 - 02-10-2011 04:02pm

What???? I think I need to have a few drinks to make sense of that. Could you expand please.

RE: The negatives - Charlie - 02-10-2011 04:12pm

Very Happy

RE: The negatives - ChuckieB - 02-10-2011 04:18pm

Electric seats on the coupe. Rear access. Not family friendly! It's got to be a downside.

RE: The negatives - Charlie - 02-10-2011 04:19pm

Ah right, yes - whoever would do that!

RE: The negatives - paulus599 - 02-10-2011 04:22pm

I don't know but they'd have to be totally bonkers though Laughing