babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What does this do? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: What does this do? (/Thread-What-does-this-do)

Pages: 1 2

What does this do? - Swevoque - 18-04-2012 03:57pm

Hi

In some videos of the Evoque I see the following item in the interior and on some videos/photos I don't. Anyone know what it is and why it's there only in the some Evoques and some not? Btw, I've read the owners handbook of 258 pages and can't find this item anywhere.

[Image: interiorae.jpg]

[Image: interior2o.jpg]

Thanks in advance!

RE: What does this do? - sethor - 18-04-2012 04:00pm

It's the transmitter for the wireless headphones you get with the rear seat entertainment &/or dual view screen.

RE: What does this do? - Swevoque - 18-04-2012 04:02pm

(18-04-2012 04:00pm)sethor Wrote:  It's for the wireless headphones you get with the rear seat entertainment &/or dual view screen.

All that piece of equipment just the wireless headphones? Shocked
But why all the red dot light (on the 2nd picture)? what's the for? Looks like the Star Trek Enterprise.

RE: What does this do? - griff - 18-04-2012 04:14pm

red dots show its working

RE: What does this do? - Swevoque - 18-04-2012 04:17pm

(18-04-2012 04:14pm)griff Wrote:  red dots show its working

Yeah, just thought it was funny. Why do you need 20 red dots? Why not just 1, or 2? Laughing Anyway thanks for the answer, I've ordered my Evoque with the Dual View Screen so I'll get this thing too.

RE: What does this do? - sethor - 18-04-2012 04:47pm

There is a bunch of infra red LED's (just like the ones on TV remotes) which transmit the sound to the headphones.

RE: What does this do? - FujiSan - 18-04-2012 08:20pm

My guess is you only get the red dots on digital photographs and don't actually see them in reality.

Digicam sensors are quite sensitive to infra red, just try pointing one of your remote controls at your digicam and poke a button or two whillst looking at it on the digicam display. You will probably see the led's flashing.

RE: What does this do? - alfa 147 - 19-04-2012 08:43am

On my wireless infrared headphones, at home, i have also a bunch of red leds, not just one or two, so i guess the more red leds you got, the better sound will be Smile). I supose that these leds are so numerous because the sound is transmited all over the interior, not in only one direction.

RE: What does this do? - Swevoque - 19-04-2012 07:43pm

Nice! Thanks for the answers.

RE: What does this do? - masmullin - 19-04-2012 08:47pm

Ejection handle which is installed if you buy the "villain" package.