babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty (/Thread-Land-Rover-Assured-Extended-Warranty)

Pages: 1 2

Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - sethor - 10-01-2012 05:16pm

I assume everyone has been offered this after signing contracts. Who has/hasn't taken up the extended warranty & reasons for your choice?

Pricing I was offered is -
12 months/200,000kms $1950
24 months/200,000kms $2150
This can be purchased anytime before the car reaches 6 months old then the policy prices go up by around $600.

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - MPK - 10-01-2012 08:38pm

Sethor,

I wasn't offered the extended warranty options but it was something i was going to ask my dealer about. Do you know if the warranty is transferrable?

Cheers,
PK

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - Claud - 10-01-2012 10:04pm

That makes the three year warranty as standard in the UK look like a good deal!

For what its worth I took out extended warranty for year 4 and 5 on my FFRR which has gone now, the car was so unreliable I saw my money back of £1100/year. In the UK LR warranties are transferable to private individuals not dealers/trade.

However in the case of the Evoque, if it follows the reliability of the Freelander there should be few issues. The Freelander has been 5th most reliable SUV in it is class in the UK, not sure if it has been reliable in Australia.

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - dima - 10-01-2012 10:56pm

In Germany you can find the prices for the extended PremiumPlus Warranty in the official Evoque Price list on Page 30:

http://www.landrover.com/content/de-germany/pdfs/2470985/2643893/Evoque_Preisliste_MY12_Okt_11.pdf

Si4:
12 months: 804,44 €
24 months: 1069,81 €

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - MPK - 10-01-2012 11:18pm

In Australia the evoque comes with a 3 year warranty. The additional warranty is on top of this.

I have asked about the transferrablilty of the warranty from my dealer and will post the details when i get it.

Cheers,
MPK

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - dima - 10-01-2012 11:28pm

(10-01-2012 11:18pm)MPK Wrote:  In Australia the evoque comes with a 3 year warranty. The additional warranty is on top of this.

I have asked about the transferrablilty of the warranty from my dealer and will post the details when i get it.

Cheers,
MPK

You are right, the prices I posted are for the 4th and 5th year. The extended warranty description in the price list says, that the bought extended warranty is seamlessly transferrable to the next owner of the car.

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - chiggy - 11-01-2012 04:42am

Is the warranty length the same if you're on the corporate programme?

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - Barneyridge - 11-01-2012 05:44am

Not sure if the extended warranty is worth it. Seems a lot of $ to me. Maybe happy to take to risk Smile

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - sethor - 11-01-2012 06:25am

Yeah I was thinking of giving it a miss, warranty is provided by a third party & does not have the same coverage as the normal warranty. I might take it up if before the standard 3 year warranty runs out if the car is problematic in its first few years.

RE: Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty - chiggy - 11-01-2012 07:11am

I might just sell my car after 3 years and get a facelifted version of the car Smile