babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Grand Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Grand Evoque (/Thread-Grand-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Grand Evoque - Craig_d1 - 01-12-2011 02:23pm

Just read in autocar that Land Rover are thinking about brining out a 'grand ' Evoque, which will be 300mm longer, half of which will be in the rear legroom area, the balance in the boot.
Was just curious too see what people thought about it. Good idea or not?
Personally, I quite like the idea. If they can keep the emissions down and provide good fuel economy, might consider it as the family wagon when we decide to part with the D4. We wont need so much room for prams etc(as hopefully will be finished with those by then) but the extra boot space would still come in handy for family holidays.
My autocar edition is a digital edition and I have no idea how to paste the article am afraid.

RE: Grand Evoque - vision*R - 01-12-2011 02:48pm

I'm afraid the overall style won't benefit from 30 cm. extra. One of the Evoque's visual strengths is the compactness.

RE: Grand Evoque - oop north - 01-12-2011 03:00pm

I'd have to see how it looked - but given the care taken over the differences between the coupe/5 door, I would expect LR to avoid simply shoving an extra foot in and ruining the looks.

I had my first sit in an Evoque last week (set the driver seat OK for me and then sat in back seat), and the only thing I wasn't keen on was the way I had to twist my foot when getting out of the back - a little awkward, and something that would be fixed with a larger rear door

RE: Grand Evoque - Token - 01-12-2011 03:20pm

I don't really like it...the idea is that it will sit between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport...personally not keen on the idea of Range Rover increasing the size of their range and Range Rovers becoming more common. People can accuse me of being a snob if they want, but the number of Mercs and BMW's on the road has removed the 'special' feel of owning one...my fear is that this is going to happen to Range Rover as well.

RE: Grand Evoque - Daigriff - 01-12-2011 05:34pm

Hmm, would have to see it first.

I would have liked a bit more boot space, however wouldnt want it to be at the expense of the Evoques styling.

RE: Grand Evoque - Ezandania - 01-12-2011 06:47pm

(01-12-2011 03:20pm)Token Wrote:  I don't really like it...the idea is that it will sit between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport...personally not keen on the idea of Range Rover increasing the size of their range and Range Rovers becoming more common. People can accuse me of being a snob if they want, but the number of Mercs and BMW's on the road has removed the 'special' feel of owning one...my fear is that this is going to happen to Range Rover as well.

+1 Very Happy

RE: Grand Evoque - vcruiser - 01-12-2011 07:16pm

Skip that idea, and bring out the new range rover sport with range rover evoque styling cues!

RE: Grand Evoque - LDT - 01-12-2011 07:24pm

(01-12-2011 03:20pm)Token Wrote:  I don't really like it...the idea is that it will sit between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport...personally not keen on the idea of Range Rover increasing the size of their range and Range Rovers becoming more common. People can accuse me of being a snob if they want, but the number of Mercs and BMW's on the road has removed the 'special' feel of owning one...my fear is that this is going to happen to Range Rover as well.

+1. I definitely agree.

RE: Grand Evoque - Dave_T - 01-12-2011 09:58pm

I've got a great idea ... they could call it a Freelander!

RE: Grand Evoque - defender_uk - 01-12-2011 10:02pm

(01-12-2011 07:24pm)LDT Wrote:  +1. I definitely agree.

+2
wouldn't mind a bigger boot though....