babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 2nd impression (earlier post has been closed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am still more than happy with Evoque. My only little niggle is smaller fuel tank, I am 22 miles from a premium fuel supplier and 12 from Jet.

Re AndyFrance, I have not yet read about his bad experience but I too have had one with LR and dealer. My 2nd Freelander 2 (2010 pre facelift) had a resonance/light vibration at 70mph. LR Scottish field engineer tested car and said it was acceptable and no further repairs to be attempted (he had the stupidity to state "no manufacturer has ever built a car that does not have a vibration at some point") . Soon after this I attended a major off road championship event as MSA Chief Scrutineer where I met someone who was able to tell me exactly what was wrong and that LR engineering knew the problem. Required new engine.
One phone call to customer services on Monday morning, a few facts politely stated and 4 hours later I was offered a new 2011 Face-lift SD 190 for a VERY reasonable contribution.
I have stayed loyal but I could easily have been in exactly same boat as Andyfrance.
Glad to see you're still happy with it, and I have to agree with the size of the fuel tank (I've been spoilt in the past with the 80ltr tank on my old Mercedes and the 650mile range).

I've also owned a FL2 in the past, although I've had a FFRR inbetween, so it's hard to judge the difference between the FR2 and Evoque. I'd say that the Evoque is a lot more refined (comfort and ride) and slightly less practical (everything behind the front seats is a bit on the small side).

Reliability wise, I've had no problems at all with my Evoque. I enjoy driving it, and get good comments about the looks.

I still miss my FFRR though.
Reference URL's