babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Space Saver Spare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi All,

Advice please , I am new here just got my 15 evoque 3 week ago , love it, as it didnt come with spare wheel I have just purchased space saver spare wheel kit from Dan at Duckworths the wheel came with tyre size 135/80 R18 and my normal ones are 235/60 R18 it is kinda small compared to others is this standard size for space saver.
Yes
it's called a space saver for a reason. Very Happy
Thanks I know it's thinner, it's the height of the tyre I'm concerned about
Stand it against your wheel and you'll find it's as near as damn it the same height as the 18", 19" and 20" wheels.
The height is calculated by determining 80% of 135 for the spare i.e. 135/80 R18 =108 and 60% of 235 i.e.235/60/R18 = 141. I think these are in mm so there will be a difference of 33mm.

Dan is a good bloke so he should be correct.
Thanks . I have emailed Dan just to double check
It doesn't matter that it's slightly smaller, the suspension will deal with the difference without any problem. Jeff's estimate of 33mm means that the hub centre will be 16.5mm lower.

Evoques have a lot more suspension travel than that.
33 mm smaller diameter will equate to over 100mm rolling circumference difference on that wheel compared to the others. Suspension will not be a problem but will that not throw up any flat tyre/ABS/Traction control warnings being that far out?
No. The differential doesn't care about the circumference of the wheel, only the fact that it's got motion.

That's what the diff does, cater for different rotation rates.

Think of how small space savers look on "ordinary" road cars when used, do they ever look or sound as though the traction control is constantly in pain?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's