babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Interesting Meridian from 380w to 825w
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this interesting page:
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic23292.html

what are your thoughts?
Well, the OP didn't do it it the end and neither has anyone else. It starts off with 'just need to add three extra speakers' but it later transpires that to do this, you also need to change the head unit, amplifier and reprogramme the thing. In other words, change the whole system but use the original 380w speakers plus buy three more!
Yes that was almost quite amusing, You just need to add 3 speakers... Oh and the Amp, Oh and the head unit, and the speakers are dual cone...
LOL FAIL !!!!!!!!!
380w is a lot of power to pump into the interior of a small SUV! i can already deafen myself before i get distortion. i'm also a huge meridian fan for my home A/V and i know how they design stuff: if the system needed more power they would have sorted it out. my guess is there's no compelling AUDIO reason to muck with the system - just bragging rights and too much time/money on your hands Wink. and maybe some tiwsted enjoyment of bleeding ears, i guess!

doody
Reference URL's