babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Purple Windscreen Haze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

New to the forum here. Just a quick question, been driving around seeing evoques having a purple haze on the front windscreen. Can anyone tell me what it is and what its used for?

Many thanks
(19-10-2015 04:10am)Hoyinpng Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

New to the forum here. Just a quick question, been driving around seeing evoques having a purple haze on the front windscreen. Can anyone tell me what it is and what its used for?

Many thanks

I believe its solar attenuating screen, all AUS spec have them, its should also go by the name of Tom Tom/Garmin stopper, as it does'nt seem to do anything with the heat or glare. Hope that helps
(19-10-2015 04:52am)coastev Wrote: [ -> ]I believe its solar attenuating screen, all AUS spec have them, its should also go by the name of Tom Tom/Garmin stopper, as it does'nt seem to do anything with the heat or glare. Hope that helps

Yep, Solar attenuating glass... It does stop Tom Toms too so think about Sat Nav. I found it did a great job at keeping my Evoque cool though. Got again on my next car too.
Reference URL's