babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Can anyone give me a valuation on a car I'm due to look at tomorrow please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got a Glasses guide or whatever the trade use these days? Just don't want to be paying over the odds on a car I'm looking at tomorrow.

It's a 2012 (12) Black SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux with factory tints and keyless entry. 20,000 miles on the clock. Going to a LR dealer so it will come with the 2 year Landrover approved warranty. It will be serviced and come with a fresh MOT and they are removing the stupid tyre inflation system and giving me a space saver, jack and wheelbrace. They are also taxing it for a year and will deliver it to my home. I might take up the finance offer for the minimum amount (£10K - and then pay it off after 6 months) to get the two years free servicing - is it worth it? I'd have no problem servicing it in my workplace (can even stamp the book) and I wouldn't have to pay for the service parts. Wink Just thinking of the main dealer stamps in the book and how it could affect the sale/trade in price in 2 or 3 years time. I might even try to get some mudflaps and mats thrown in - anything else worth trying for?

Just don't want the wife (who's already kicking off 'cos I sold our Freelander) to start with the "YOU PAID HOW MUCH?". She thinks I'm rushing into buying it just because we are off to the Peak District next Friday for a week and I'd like to go in it instead of our Golf. As if! Whistle

Any idea's chaps? It'll be the dearest car we've ever bought and I'm getting the collywobbles already. Laughing

Thanks in advance.
Steve
I am no expert but it has to be between 30k and 35k with low mileage and the dynamic lux. I am sure the dealer will move a bit if not try to get stuff thrown in.

The only problem with the "cheap" finance is you probably won't be able to reduce the price. I would look into what deals are out there so you can go armed with information which the dealer will match.

If the car ticks all your boxes is it worth losing it for a couple of grand?

Good luck let us know how you get on!
Have you had a look at the For Sale section on this site - at the bottom of the home page. It has a few similar cars.
I would say £30,000 is a fair price.Confused
(16-10-2015 06:35pm)bee Wrote: [ -> ]I would say £30,000 is a fair price.Confused
Fair price for a private sale perhaps. Surely not from a LR dealer?
Have you tried the What Car? free valuation tool. You enter the registration number and mileage then it gives you the dealer and private sale prices along with a trade and P/X value.
Nice one MrNoo. According to that, I'm paying about £2400 less than the dealer price and only £15 (fifteen pounds) more than the 'private' price.
Reference URL's