babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Passive entry q!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Probably being a bit thick but read the owners manual and still not clear.

So, passive entry, walk up to car, grab handle and all good.

Locking it, is where I'm a bit confused.

Does it lock automatically if I walk away from car or is the only way of locking it by touching the handle on the two vertical lines! ?
Or press the locksymbol on the smart key
You touching the handle on the two vertical lines, once to lock and then again to arm the motion alarm. After you do it a second time the horn will sound. Then walk away.
(26-07-2015 03:44am)Mark^^ Wrote: [ -> ]You touching the handle on the two vertical lines, once to lock and then again to arm the motion alarm. After you do it a second time the horn will sound. Then walk away.
the second sounds a 'beep' in the UK rather than the horn Smile
Thanks. I've worked out all the above.

I suppose my question is does it lock if I just walk away from the car with key?

Or does it require some sort of manual intervention?
No, it won't lock if you just walk away with the key. You have to either touch a door handle as described above or press the lock button on the fob, twice if you want to double lock it.
(26-07-2015 04:22pm)recordman Wrote: [ -> ]No, it won't lock if you just walk away with the key. You have to either touch a door handle as described above or press the lock button on the fob, twice if you want to double lock it.

Ok, that's clear then. Can stop starring out of the window now to see if it's going to lock it self!
Would love to see a passive arming option added via a software update.
I would love to see that option added or an add-on as well.

Got tired of waiting for a tailgate software update, so I installed the mod like others have done.
Are all the Evoques passive opening? I've always used the key to lock and unlock mine. Something g I didn't know about until reading this
Reference URL's