babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Diesel Particulate Filter......have I got one ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi , I'm a newbie to all this Evoque stuff.....give me an air cooled veedub any day !!
I have just bought a sept 2014 2.2 ED4, two wheel drive diesel . I want to buy the correct oil , and the handbook gives two types, one for cars with a DPF, and one without. I've searched everywhere...how the heck do I find out whether I have a DPF or not ? My old old veedub handbook has 8 pages for the whole car...this one has 23 pages on how to turn the radios on
dpf are only fitted to diesel engines. that should answer your problem.
Thanks, but the handbook says that there is also an Diesel engine without a DPF . I'm assuming that mine does have a DPF , but there are definitely two options in the hand book. Thinks I will just bung some 20/50 in it....works in the dub.
bee carefull the dpf requires low carbon oils.
I'm just following what's in the book, ie 5w-30 C2.if it has a DPF , or C4 if it hasn't ........just no ffffflippin idea whether I have a DPF or not.
UK Diesel, it has one!

The exhaust emissions standards for new cars have effectively required fitment of a DPF in the exhaust of diesel cars since 2009 when the 'Euro 5' standard came into force.
Many Thanks, thought so , but the handbook is ambiguous.
(02-06-2015 10:11pm)Mrs hoskins Wrote: [ -> ]Many Thanks, thought so , but the handbook is ambiguous.

such a big word, I quite like it though.Laughing
(03-06-2015 09:22am)bee Wrote: [ -> ]such a big word, I quite like it though.Laughing

Oxford English for beginners ShockedLaughingShocked
(03-06-2015 09:49am)Koidream Wrote: [ -> ]Oxford English for beginners ShockedLaughingShocked

crikey ive been calling mine an evoke Laughing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's