babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Efficient Driveline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Yesterday, I Changed my MY2016 order from a Pure eD4 to Pure TD4.

Today, I read on the LR site that 'Efficient Driveline' comes as standard, but I don't know what it is. I've searched the web for information about 'Efficient Driveline' without much luck. Mostly, 'Active Driveline' shows up and is explained in detail.

Are 'Efficient' and 'Active' in this context different words for the same thing?

Can anyone please tell me what 'Efficient Driveline' exactly does?

Cheers
Hi...The configurator does explain the differences...active is the newer system for our cars...picture below should help explain Smile

http://s1.postimg.org/5crxxgx33/29_03_2015_18_35_31.png

Atb...
(29-03-2015 06:50pm)tramline Wrote: [ -> ]Hi...The configurator does explain the differences...active is the newer system for our cars...picture below should help explain Smile

http://s1.postimg.org/5crxxgx33/29_03_2015_18_35_31.png

Atb...

Thanks. Couldn't find that on the French configurator.

I had found something on an Italian forum that didn't translate that well. Your picture explains all.

Best wishes
My DS has efficient driveline (4wd) basically it's a fancy name for the current system, it just uses the next generation haldex.

So yours will just be a newer version of the current eD4

I notice the Ingenium diesels use adblue.
(29-03-2015 07:07pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]My DS has efficient driveline (4wd) basically it's a fancy name for the current system, it just uses the next generation haldex.

So yours will just be a newer version of the current eD4

I notice the Ingenium diesels use adblue.

So, it almost does the same thing as 'Active' apart from completely disengaging the rear axle. 'Efficient' will always be 4WD, never 2WD.

I've started to wonder if ordering this car so far ahead of delivery has been a good idea. I started with a Pure eD4 with options, smoked rear glass, folding mirror's and a spare wheel. In the last 2 weeks, I've added auto lights/wipers, rear camera and front sensor's (can't order camera without front sensor's)........and then woke up yesterday and emailed the dealership asking to change to TD4. The dealer said within a few weeks I'll be ordering the Autobiography! Never owned a car with the pedigree of an Evoque, and the option structure is very tempting. Luckily for me ordering the entry level Pure limits the options available.

Oh, I forgot. I've privately bought a set of 20" Style 7 wheels/tyres as well!
Currently the Si4 petrol Evoque is the only model with Active Driveline, but LR are reporting this will become available on the new MY16, whatever that means.

Active Driveline can enable the car to become a 2wd front wheel drive, though a clutch at the rear of the drivetrain.

I was hoping it would have been available on MY 15, SD4 cars this year, no go I'm afraid.
(29-03-2015 09:34pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Currently the Si4 petrol Evoque is the only model with Active Driveline, but LR are reporting this will become available on the new MY16, whatever that means.

Active Driveline can enable the car to become a 2wd front wheel drive, though a clutch at the rear of the drivetrain.

I was hoping it would have been available on MY 15, SD4 cars this year, no go I'm afraid.

I may be wrong as I haven't checked every possible configuration on the French site. I only noticed Active Driveline being offered as standard for MY2016 on the petrol model's. I suppose it could possibly be an option across the higher spec cars with diesel engines.
Here is an explanation for the two 4WD systems

[attachment=4247]

Here's the second one

[attachment=4248]
When the SD4 model gets the active driveline will it come with a lower CO2 emission rating?
(30-03-2015 11:46am)Bryan m Wrote: [ -> ]When the SD4 model gets the active driveline will it come with a lower CO2 emission rating?

I'll have to leave the answer to that question to someone with more knowledge, but I personally believe it will have slightly lower CO2 rating. I guess it all depends on real world driving and driving conditions.
What does concern me, and I'm happy that Active Driveline will not be on my MY2016 TD4.............2 rear clutches operating it. I can foresee great expense when they wear out! It is also possible AD will affect resale value when the LR warranty has been and gone. Just another gadget to go wrong and unless it comes as standard kit, I can't see it saving enough fuel to justify it's cost as an option, whatever that will be.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's