babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How do I use a hard drive to watch videos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week, on the day I collected my Evoque Dynamic Lux, we sat in traffic on the M25 for an hour and a half. The TV - a feature I thought was completely pointless - came into its own. Suddenly, we couldn't care less about the accident up ahead as we settled down to enjoy The Hotel Inspector on Channel 5!

So, this made me consider keeping a HDD of films and TV shows in the car. However, I can't get it to work and the manual is offering no real help.

I have a Samsung 2TB portable drive, FAT32 formatted, filled with .m4v videos (ripped ages ago using Handbrake on my Mac).

But the car simply displays something like "unsupported device" or "device error" or something.

Can anyone help?!
Divx format on a memory stick works for me otherwise stick a dvd in cd slot.
(22-03-2015 05:53pm)Barton Evoque Wrote: [ -> ]Divx format on a memory stick works for me otherwise stick a dvd in cd slot.

Divx would be a shame as all my videos are MPEG4.

Putting a DVD in the slot doesn't help play videos from an external drive, it simply plays the DVD.
Reference URL's