babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Another Cabin Lighting question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a brand new 2015 Evoque Prestige and the dome lights will not light when I open the doors? I have read the OM and tried the overhead console (pushing on the light lense) but to no avail, all I can get them to do is come on manually when I touch the front overhead lense...do we not have interior dome lights that come on when we open the doors?

Sorry to be a PIA, but this is a bit baffling to me.
Enjoy the car!

You need to touch and hold the centre light (i.e. not the map lights) on the overhead console for 2-3 seconds - this toggles between automatic and manual interior lights.
(04-03-2015 08:11am)super7 Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoy the car!

You need to touch and hold the centre light (i.e. not the map lights) on the overhead console for 2-3 seconds - this toggles between automatic and manual interior lights.

Embarrassed wow do I feel dumb, thanks again for the clarification super, much appreciated!
Don't feel bad. This happened to me last week. Not sure who was playing with the lights in the first place. Probably me but I don't remember holding my finger on the light for over 2 seconds to turn it off.
HA.... was just searching for this same thing. Had the Evo in for service and noticed the dome lights didn't turn/ stay on like they used to.

Love the easy fixes.
This point is buried somewhere in the owner manual but not, I think, on the short get started pamphlet. Thank heavens for this site. It's like having an expert on 24/7 call. So useful. Glad I joined (today).
Reference URL's