babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Strange scraping sensation under feet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have had my Evoque now for about two months and I love it. A few weeks ago I started noticing a slight scraping/grinding type sensation under my feet when I turn the steering wheel at low speeds (I notice it most when backing out or pulling into a parking space). I first thought it was due to snow or ice build up behind the wheels, but I don't think that is it. Anyone else experience this or have any idea what it could be? Thanks, Tracy
May not apply in your case, but a friend had a similar feeling in his car. Turns out it was the steering column rubbing on his floor mat. Might want to see if yours have slid forward.
Sounds like a noise I got from both my Evoque's but only periodically & usually when you are just about to reverse.
(29-01-2015 03:31pm)DVFlyer Wrote: [ -> ]May not apply in your case, but a friend had a similar feeling in his car. Turns out it was the steering column rubbing on his floor mat. Might want to see if yours have slid forward.

Thanks, I will check the floor mat. My husband did get me new larger ones lately.
(29-01-2015 11:15pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]See this thread

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Strange-N...8#pid86338

and this

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Crunching...+bottle%22

Thanks PhilSkill, but I found out from another poster that it is my new hard plastic floor mat scraping on the steering column in front.

(29-01-2015 03:31pm)DVFlyer Wrote: [ -> ]May not apply in your case, but a friend had a similar feeling in his car. Turns out it was the steering column rubbing on his floor mat. Might want to see if yours have slid forward.

That was it!! Thanks again DvFlyer.
(29-01-2015 11:29pm)Tcousins Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks PhilSkill, but I found out from another poster that it is my new hard plastic floor mat scraping on the steering column in front.

That was it!! Thanks again DvFlyer.

Phew ...
What a relief.
(29-01-2015 11:29pm)Tcousins Wrote: [ -> ]That was it!! Thanks again DvFlyer.

Cool! Glad it wasn't something worse. Very Happy
(29-01-2015 11:29pm)Tcousins Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks PhilSkill, but I found out from another poster that it is my new hard plastic floor mat scraping on the steering column in front.

Excellent, easy ones are the best!
Reference URL's