babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Bodywork Repair Time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 2 years of going back and forth to my only Land Rover Garage on the island i live. i finally have all the problem's, rattle's and noise's solved, and am happy driving my car, when i see the side of a van coming towards me.
blind corner, it had just started raining, the other party maybe going a little to fast round the bend? anyway no where to go, the accident happened.
everyone ok, airbags making if feel like the accident was worst then it was, the Evoque's drivers side was pretty much taken out all down one side, there was even a small chip in the front wheel. damage did not seem to go past the doors to the main body of the car. inside the airbags on the drivers side came into play all from the header and from the drivers seat, but no where else.
the only injury i had, was from a what looked like a burn, i am guessing from the airbag? my girlfriend had a slight cut to the eye which was ok after 24 hours, this was from projectile glass.
there was quite a few impacts into the leather interior from high speed glass, again i think this was more caused by the airbags then, the impact.
anyway 3 days later i take the car to the Land Rover garage, i think this was turing out to be a mistake. my insurance would have liked me to take it to there registered body shop, where i would receive a car for the time it was in there.
but i was thinking seeing as the Evoque was still under warranty that the official Land Rover garage should do the work.
the thing is the official Land Rover Garage where i live does not have any courtesy cars, so i knew i would need to share my girlfriends car for the next month. ok i thought, its not so busy with work right now, and the garage told me only one month to finish the work.
alarm bells started to ring when some friends of mine later told me "one month in that garage, ha! they are lying, at least 2 to 3 months." lets wait and see i thought.
so the typical Spanish manana was rearing its ugly head, 2 month down the line, every excuse you can imagine. what did surprise me, was at exactly 2 months and a lot of complaining was in fact got a hire car out of them, a nice fiat panda. i was also told another 3 days at that point. well that was 2 weeks ago.
so the car has been with them for 10 weeks, i know by living in a lovely place with great weather most of the year round, not everything can be perfect, but 10 weeks. and only being offered a car for the last 2 from a premium brand.
i will be making another phone call this afternoon, not asking about the car, as i am so tired of hearing lame excuses, but will just be trying to get a larger hire car via them, as my girlfriends family are coming for Christmas and both of them have trouble walking and getting in and out of small cars. as for the Evoque, well that will teach me to think that the Land Rover garage must be better then the other one here.
Well, at least, you are OK.
Finally got my car back on the 31st December, the paint work had defects in it, which they polished out while I waited. As I left I found the sunroof did not open. They said to take it home and bring it back the following week, and let them know what other problems I find. So 3 months without car, and going back in.
Reference URL's