babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Locking and folding mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know if its possible for a dealer to set the powerfold mirrors to retract on double locking instead of single locking?

This would be useful as when you want to lock for just a few minutes at the petrol station etc, there is no need to retract the mirrors. Also it will be more obvious when walking away from the car whether the car is secure for the night as the mirrors will be in the retracted position.
No I don't think this is possible, it's retract on locking or not.
(03-12-2014 03:19am)Richie Rover Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know if its possible for a dealer to set the powerfold mirrors to retract on double locking instead of single locking?

This would be useful as when you want to lock for just a few minutes at the petrol station etc, there is no need to retract the mirrors. Also it will be more obvious when walking away from the car whether the car is secure for the night as the mirrors will be in the retracted position.
But why would you not want the mirrors to fold in?
From the numptys I have seen at some of the fuel stations, trying to squeeze past to get to the pump in front when a car pulls away, I want to make my car as narrow and as secure as possible at all times....even leaving it for a couple of minutes while paying for fuel.
I suppose your right about that, but the main reason I would like this option is to make it clear to me that I have double locked the car as I am not keen on the bleep sounds that can be set to do this.
You might not want the mirrors to fold in if it's icy or snowy out - mine got stuck this morning!
Either way they tend to un-freeze in about 5 minutes.
Reference URL's