babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Impressed - but maybe bye bye sometime soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have had my Evoque for 2 years now and absolutely love the beauty of the car, the looks it receives, and the 'poke' you get out of it in Sand Mode.

The only problem I have had is a sticky volume control on the steering wheel (not really worth mentioning) - until today .....

For some reason the drivers' door decided to lock itself when the door was open this afternoon - which meant the door could not be shut - thankfully I was at home with the car on my drive so no great shakes regarding security.

LandRover Assistance were with me in around 2.5 hours (I was probably given a low priority as I was safe and there were no kids involved as the car was at home) - the service was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable.

The Assistance guy literally took 5 seconds to correct the problem (hold the door handle up and click the lock/unlock a few times) - but we then had a cup of tea and chat about Land Rover, new models, what we liked and disliked etc

All in all it was a great experience (yeah I know it's strange to say this after a car problem) and really solidifies my love of this marque.

Next year however I will be moving on to pastures anew - 3 children now means that the Evoque is not quite big enough (though I can fit 3 Child Seats across the back row) - so I am saying "goodbye" to my Evoque and "hello" to a Sport - I have been tempted by the RR Sport SVR. As yet my wife does not know the capabilities of the vehicle - so I will be leaving the exhaust in quiet mode, and only touching the throttle pedal when on my own or with my eldest son onboard !

Thanks
Richard

2012 2.2 SD4 Pure, Orkney Grey
One of the things that surprises about the Sport is how relatively cramped it is in the back for such a huge car. Same is true of a Porsche Cayenne but try a similarly sized Audi A8 and it's huge in there. Must be something to do with the packaging of an SUV.

It remains to be seen how quiet the SVR is in "Quiet Mode"...

Do you have a date for it?
Hello Mark

Nope no dates as yet - initially I was hoping for Spring 2015 but have been informed it is more likely to now be the Summer - suppose it will give me a few more months to save up the coppers !
Cheers
Richard
I would also like a bit more space than we've got in the Evoque, initial thoughts and a 2 hour test drive confirmed that it would really suit us. Then the real bummer, a 10 or 11 month waiting list, surely this way of LR dealing with customers is a joke. This is after owning 8 LR products and 3 from Jaguar since 1998, all bought new; no hint of reward for customer loyalty. Perhaps I need to try an X5 or Cayenne.
Tim
Reference URL's