babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Where to mount Radar Detector?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
where do we mount a radar detector in the windshield? any pics?
Sad

I went from outlaw to sheep since i traded in my sportscar for the Evoque. Just because it makes radar detectors useless.

Having said that, you could TRY to mount it on that clearer part of the windshield, on the top of the driver side. But even then the signal is still lost a little bit. For example in my tests, if i were to put the radar outside the car i would get max signal, and inside in that area probably 30% signal strength. anywhere else 0%

The problem is that my detector mount needs a ton more room than is available. so it's impossible to mount.

I also was thinking of somehow jerry rigging it to the sun visor but never bothered.
(11-11-2014 10:19pm)Bruno787 Wrote: [ -> ]where do we mount a radar detector in the windshield? any pics?

Top right, though the radar type may be different here in Japan. Spotted many a 'hazard' on my recent road trip!
any pictures???? i have IR Windshield...and there is only a very small uncoated portion on the glass beside the rear view mirror (both sides), i wonder if the radar detector can even pass thru this small opening Sad
I'll get some close-ups today. For me no issues with the heated screen. It even picks up breakdown lorries!
(14-11-2014 11:44pm)DfunkyT Wrote: [ -> ]I'll get some close-ups today. For me no issues with the heated screen. It even picks up breakdown lorries!

Now that could be a good option, for some of the owners on here! Laughing
Hehe, true. Remind me to touch wood on the dashboard!
(14-11-2014 11:51pm)DfunkyT Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, true. Remind me to touch wood on the dashboard!

As requested

(15-11-2014 12:08pm)DfunkyT Wrote: [ -> ]As requested

(15-11-2014 12:08pm)DfunkyT Wrote: [ -> ]As requested

Reference URL's