babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Q379 Software Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At 7,000 miles, at 1 year, I took my car to the dealer for his free 1 yr. service. The dealer, without notifying me, did the software upgrade Q379, which to my understanding effects the fuel regulator. After getting the car back I now have a annoying slight surge when driving at a steady speed around 2100 rpm. Before this the car was extremely smooth. If I am using the paddle shifters the surge goes away. Has anyone experienced problems after this software upgrade? 2013 Evoque, Petrol 6speed, USA spec.
I noticed a hesitation upon acceleration and also a stumbling (surge?) while cruising at 2000 rpm after the Q379 update. What was perfectly smooth running became annoyingly irregular. The update was performed last spring, about 3000 miles ago. Currently the symptoms have reduced. Is there a learning curve over time that the Evoque adjusts to after a software update? 2013 Evoque. USA petrol.
WARNING Q379 Removes all the fun from the Evoque! I had a 2 door Pure Plus and they did the update. Afterward the car no longer leaped from the start as before, it "lugged" horribly almost refusing to downshift with all but 45% to 70% petal then downshifting hard. Even getting on the hwy under 80% petal the car will race through the power band/ gears all in the name of economy. I traded my once loved Evoque in a huff for a temporary fix (2012 Acura RDX) . I later found a new 2013 Pure Premium in April of 2014 and life was good again. When I had my first oil change at Land Rover of Knoxville I told the service writer/ service manager that no software updates were to be loaded, they listened and life was good. Speed up to June 11, 2015 and the next oil change was due. I went through my sorted tale of woe and told the service writer "Kenny" the same thing 3 times "do not touch or upgrade the software or the car is yours". He said he understood and I made him repeat back exactly what they were going to do, he said "change the oil/ filter and rotate and balance the tires". I said good, that is it. Well 2 hours later I come back and he says "hey we did 3 updates". This Evoque is exactly like my first now, slow, sluggish, and according to Land Rover within acceptable specs. They REFUSE to change it back to factory settings and refuse to say why. My once fun Evoque now drives live a Nissan Rogue with a CVT. Since the dealerships are changing the dynamics of the car with out permission, or explaining what the "update" does I am wondering how many owners suffered the same fate and may be interested in pursuing some sort of legal action against, Land Rover like a Class Action Law Suite. Any 2012 or 2013 owners past or present that feel the same way please contact me.

Respectfully,

Ken Stewart
Reference URL's