babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 2014 updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do people think of the the new Active Driveline, torque vectoring, and 9 speed gearbox updates that come with the 2014 Evoques? (I'm in the US) Has anyone driven both older and newer models and able to compare them? I'm curious how the changes effect the driving experience and if they actually do anything to improve off-road ability.
I think the most obvious difference is that the new 9 speed defaults to 2nd gear when starting unless you take manual control and start it in 1st, which is related to the tick upward in MPG I am sure.

I'm pretty sure I test drove a 2013 before buying the 2014, and can't recall much else that leapt out at me.
I have driven both, and decided to buy a 2014.

If you know about cars, you will see a huge difference. The turbo lag is pretty much gone on the 2014, torque vectoring is amazing if you ever push your vehicle. Neutral steering every time Smile

I bought a Prestige but the Dynamic 2014 really felt on rails (at low test drive speeds).

I wouldn't go for a 2013, but i'm a car guy. Most people i presume could not tell the difference.
Reference URL's