babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 5 Door trim help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone Very Happy

First post on the forum so bare with me if I don't post the pictures correctly.

Picked up our new (to us) 5 door evoque yesterday and love everything about it, I was giving it a clean earlier today and noticed the door trim on the N/S on the rear door is lower then the top of the door by around 3-4mm the O/s there is only around 1-2mm gap which makes me think something is wrong. I have attached a photo, [attachment=4049]

Please could anyone with a 5 door advise me if they have this or have had a similar problem? Hopefully this is an easy fix instead of returning to the dealership.

Thanks in advance guys!
Welcome,

That's bad Shocked
I've seen the trim around the bottom of the window out of alignment, but never seen anyone on there with your issue.
As the trim fixing clips can break vey easily, even with the correct trim removel tools. I would take it back to the dealer.
I would say, try pushing the panel up. But as the trim is made of soft gloss plastic (no different from any other manufacturer) this would leave further marks along with any swirling.
Thanks Doug looks like I'll be taking a trip there tomorrow then
That's particularly bad Chris, definitely should be sorted by the dealer, I noticed one of mine has gone a little bit like this, but no where near as much as yours is there, so will be interested what and if they do fix it.
Thanks Phil, Going to ring them tomorrow hopefully they will do something, I appreciate it's not a brand new one but it's a 62 plate and this is clearly wrong, intrestingly while looking through all the documentation tonight I did find a workshop invoice for 'replaced window trim' which was done free of charge I presume it was this one that was replaced.
I have had exactly the same on mine (2012), later on it will start squeaking... it is how I found it
talk to your dealer, they will fix it.
I had this. Mine was the same, just as bad and just as annoying! Dealer were pretty incompetent in fixing it, so I managed it myself.

If you roll down the window, then pull the window seal away beside that trim piece, you will see 3 Torx screws that secure it in place. Loosen them a little and then move the trim up, then tighten the torx screws and push the seal back into place. Check it's all secure and that the window works correctly and it's all good. Hope that helps.
I had it on my 2013MY.

Checked at the dealers and most of the ones on the forecourt had this issue as well, I had it rectified by the dealer free of charge.
(17-08-2014 09:31pm)m_101 Wrote: [ -> ]If you roll down the window, then pull the window seal away beside that trim piece, you will see 3 Torx screws that secure it in place. Loosen them a little and then move the trim up, then tighten the torx screws and push the seal back into place. Check it's all secure and that the window works correctly and it's all good. Hope that helps.

Thanks m_101, will have a look at this at some point and try to take some pics too.
I had this problem too on my rear left door. Procedure posted by m_101 is correct, its exactly what I did to fix it.
Reference URL's