babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Missing centre console screws
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A tip when picking up a new Evoque. Make sure that the trim on both side of the centre console are fixed firmly in place.

A couple of days after I picked up mine, I noticed that the cubby hole lid didn't quite clip in when closed. A closer look showed that the left hand side was resting on the passenger side aluminum trim. Gentle pulling and pushing of the trim revealed that it had about half an inch of play in it. The driver side was fixed and didn't move at all.

Dealer examination showed that there are no screws holding the left hand side of the centre console in place and some clips may have dropped down inside the console. Disassembly and Re assembly, this time with all the required screws, is the cure.

No big deal? Well, yes and no. Yes, it's cosmetic. No, all that high end engineering, complicated electrics and cutting edge technology and the goal of a perfect car ruined because some idiot can't put together a few plastic bits of trim. And you know how it goes, are all the required screws in place for the brakes, the steering, etc etc.

Anyway, when picking up a car, in addition to looking around the exterior for scratches, dents etc, have a little push and pull of the centre console aluminum trim and see if they are fixed in place. I doubt only one car came off the production line like mine on the day it was built.Confused
Reference URL's