babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Do you have to change all 4 tyres?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, my front tyres are about due.

Question - do you have to change all 4 on 4-wheel drive cars? Sure I read that somewhere years ago.

Rears have got about another 10k miles on them I reckon.

Thanks!

Paul
No need to replace all 4. It is advised that if you need to replace one then you should replace the other side, same axle.

That does depend on wear but new they come with 8mm and anything under 4mm I'd replace both.
(08-02-2014 02:30pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]No need to replace all 4. It is advised that if you need to replace one then you should replace the other side, same axle.

That does depend on wear but new they come with 8mm and anything under 4mm I'd replace both.

+1
Thanks guys - I thought 4-wheel drive was different to the standard axle-only type replacement due to all wheels been driven wheels.
Had my 2 fronts done today, same tyres as the rear.

Alls good, would always change them in pairs though
My Audi quattro had Michelins front and Continentals on the rear when I bought her and under hard acceleration the handling was vile pulling left and right. When the rear tyres needed replacing, I changed all 4 tyres and this trait was banished.

I am not sure if this would be applicable with the Evoque, but I would always endeavour to have matching tyres front and back even if the wear was different.
I had a Volvo XC70 a while back which had a haldex? Center diff I think it was that had requirements like that around tyre replacement.

I think Volvo changed from using that system on later cars though.
Reference URL's